Anyone running a CAI and exhaust without a tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive heard a few people say you shouldn't run them both without getting a tune. Is this true? For those of you who have a CAI and exhaust without a tune do you notice any difference at all? Good or bad. Thanks!

OP
OP
Sharkus29

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks guys. The guy I was talking to said it can mess with your computer and make your truck run weird if you don't get it tuned, but I was very skeptical about this so I just thought id ask you guys. Thanks again.

Steve@BBR

Reaction score
You can get a ROUSH CAI and catback exhaust without a tune. Once your use a larger MAF housing for the intake and delete the cats, that is when a tune is needed.

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck will run funny when you first do those mods (sometimes) but the computer will adjust to those mods after you drive it a few miles. I only say that because when I installed my black MBRP exiting the stock location my truck did run funny for a short time but it adjusted.

Baron138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running a C.A.I. and a Doug's Cut Out and no tune with no issues. Crazy House helped me out with it. Was wondering if it would cause issues when I close the gate but as of now it's fine. Performance wise, everything runs better when it sounds good :ROFLJest:

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed AFE Stage 2 CAI a few days ago on my sons 2014. Flashed it back to stock and drove. Loaded 5 Star 91 Performance tune that Jacob sent me for the AFE Stage 2. BIG difference with tune!

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Corsa exhaust and Corsa CAI with no tune and no problems. I plan to get the tuner after the first of the year though.