Any Regret Going Moving To 37"s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 35 raptor all over Big Water, Utah/Escalante and had no issues at all. 35 package has longer travel as well.
Yep, and I took my 37 all over LA and on a roadtrip to Oregon all on the pavement and had no issues at all. Point is from a performance standpoint it is a wash.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37" is tempting but my Raptor just barely clears my CA city garage so I rather have it garaged than sit another ~1" higher even though I think the Raptor looks slightly more balanced with 37s. Next house... bigger garage!

kenbrackins

Reaction score
Live a little. Go big or go home. They won't be throwing $100 bills on your coffin so spend it- 100 years from now who will know the difference?
Wise words from my Grandfather who also said "Get all you can while you can (talking about Va J J) because when you get to be my age, I prefer a good bowl of green beans over a piece of a**. When I was your age, I would have walked on my knees on a gravel road for 5 miles to get a piece"
So go for the 37s and enjoy. I have lived by his advice and have zero regrets.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Live a little. Go big or go home. They won't be throwing $100 bills on your coffin so spend it- 100 years from now who will know the difference?
Wise words from my Grandfather who also said "Get all you can while you can (talking about Va J J) because when you get to be my age, I prefer a good bowl of green beans over a piece of a**. When I was your age, I would have walked on my knees on a gravel road for 5 miles to get a piece"
So go for the 37s and enjoy. I have lived by his advice and have zero regrets.
So ... where did your Grandfather find those green beans? Asking for a friend. :)

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, and I took my 37 all over LA and on a roadtrip to Oregon all on the pavement and had no issues at all. Point is from a performance standpoint it is a wash.
Depends..if the 37s weigh more the truck is going to be slower and will definitely have less wheel travel so not really a wash.
I went to 37s and have noticed a difference but will deal with it for now until I change my mind again.

Last edited:

FREEZE451

Reaction score
I kept my 35s after mounting the 37s.

After 5,000 miles on 37s, I went back.

Toss me into the odd category.

Now just need to lose some money putting 37s on the market.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept my 35s after mounting the 37s.

After 5,000 miles on 37s, I went back.

Toss me into the odd category.

Now just need to lose some money putting 37s on the market.
Did you do tires and wheels or just tires? What made you go back? I wonder if any of the folks that buy the factory 37 package regret getting it?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37’s are better in pretty much all off road conditions. 35’s are better in pretty much all on road conditions. Neither one is bad in any condition, and the difference is really not as big as everyone makes it out to be (assuming you’re comparing like for like, ko2 vs ko2, etc., as going from a 35 ko2 to a 37 Nitto is a huge weight penalty).

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37’s are better in pretty much all off road conditions. 35’s are better in pretty much all on road conditions. Neither one is bad in any condition, and the difference is really not as big as everyone makes it out to be (assuming you’re comparing like for like, ko2 vs ko2, etc., as going from a 35 ko2 to a 37 Nitto is a huge weight penalty).
Can you link me to proof of where the larger and heavier like for like tire performs better in “all off road conditions”? I expect to be waiting for the answer until right around when hell freezes over so take your time posting all the data you’ve accumulated.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you link me to proof of where the larger and heavier like for like tire performs better in “all off road conditions”? I expect to be waiting for the answer until right around when hell freezes over so take your time posting all the data you’ve accumulated.

If that were true, trophy trucks and KOTH trucks would run 35s. Do they?