Any aftermarket exhaust available for the R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atak + Borla tips: loud and raspy on higher RPM like their promo video. The cold start is real aggressive as well. However, normal driving is not bad. Wife mode is impressively quiet and sounds like the stock quiet mode.

View attachment 452321
Did you happen to take any videos of the borla with the stock tips?

Hard R

Reaction score
Did you happen to take any videos of the borla with the stock tips?
I did, but the video is terrible and not capture the sound well. But the sound is more refined and elegant with the resonated stock tips compared to Borla tips. There is no rasp at any RPM. Manual shifting through the gears is like playing an instrument hearing all the different exhaust notes with each gear being very distinct.

For example on the freeway, Borla atak + stock tips:
10 - Deepest V8 growl
9 - V8 growl
8 - Super performance vibes
7 - Performance vibes

I do get now why Ford designed the exhaust system with so many resonator, maybe to mask the sound signature of the 5.2 V8. Without the resonator, I get bangs and pops almost everytime I left off the gas. Guaranteed rasp when flooring it.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did, but the video is terrible and not capture the sound well. But the sound is more refined and elegant with the resonated stock tips compared to Borla tips. There is no rasp at any RPM. Manual shifting through the gears is like playing an instrument hearing all the different exhaust notes with each gear being very distinct.

10 - Deepest V8 growl
9 - V8 growl
7 - Performance vibes

I do get now why Ford designed the exhaust system with so many resonator, maybe to mask the sound signature of the 5.2 V8. Without the resonator, I get bangs and pops almost everytime I left off the gas. Guaranteed rasp when flooring it.
Sounds like a Shelby gt350/500 haha.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

10 - Deepest V8 growl
9 - V8 growl
7 - Performance vibes

I am not sure I understand your scoring item. Are you giving it a 10 for deepest V8 growl? Or are you talking about how it sounds in each gear?

Either way, I am looking for the deep sound, the voodoo already gives me the raspy sound haha.

Thank you, I think i figured out my exhaust setup. Now, just waiting for the allocation to be given so the order can be pulled.

Hard R

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand your scoring item. Are you giving it a 10 for deepest V8 growl? Or are you talking about how it sounds in each gear?

Either way, I am looking for the deep sound, the voodoo already gives me the raspy sound haha.

Thank you, I think i figured out my exhaust setup. Now, just waiting for the allocation to be given so the order can be pulled.
Yes, that's how it sounds in each gear. Wish I could explain it better but it sounds deepest with stock tips.

Hard R

Reaction score

What are you going with?