Another new guy in SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine isn’t being registered in Nebraska (were I am buying from). Contract has price of truck only.

you should be fine, I never got asked for that at the dmv. just waited to have someone check the emissions sticker and verify vin's and I was on my way. it took about 5 hours to get to that point though lol. just make sure you have your paper work in order.

OP
OP
TILTed

TILTed

Reaction score
I'll be registering mine in FL, so at least I can skip the CA emissions dance.

Goflight2

Reaction score
you should be fine, I never got asked for that at the dmv. just waited to have someone check the emissions sticker and verify vin's and I was on my way. it took about 5 hours to get to that point though lol. just make sure you have your paper work in order.

What paperwork did you bring? Smog, weight cert, contract?

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What paperwork did you bring? Smog, weight cert, contract?

- smog
- weight of the truck
- the dealership sent in registration papers with the sales tax they collected, not sure if the forms can be found online. but it's basically just a new car registration form.

OP
OP
TILTed

TILTed

Reaction score
Thanks all. My biggest dilemma now is SCREW vs SCAB! The SCREW definitely seems like the practical choice...but I don't really NEED it...and I love the SCAB.