An Unexpected Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
massive congrats. my story varies slightly as i had a 14 hd lariat. really don't need the payload or towing anymore since i am a "domestic engineer" now. we went to go look at this and came home with it 3hrs later. guess my wife thought i deserved a raise, or she loved it as much as me, lol. and pics that you won't find on google.
edit. i too thought the premium was ok all things considered. the truck has been flawless. did my synthetic oil change today. no leak or anything. i will " complain" about the 14mpg just so u don't think it is too perfect lmao. who cares i got gas money lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20170519_172653931_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170519_172653931_HDR.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20170527_152934966.jpg
    IMG_20170527_152934966.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you went for the Raptor instead of the poser route;)
Welcome to the off-the-wall FRF.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks and loaded it will be. Could not be happier tonight and I'm celebrating with some chilled Makers Mark and Google images of Raptors. So cool.

Welcome to FRF. We’ll believe you more when you post pics, because without pics

It never happened. :p

good choice in spirits. Good road trip too, as Makers is truly in God’s country. Best distillery on the bourbon trail, and, you can dip your own Makers bottles as well as avail yourself of the cask strength 46, which they have several varieties of.

OP
OP
CobraJunkie

CobraJunkie

Reaction score
Thanks all!

The dealer where I bought mine has been asked to display the Ruby Red Raptor at Barrett Jackson Northeast next week. They gave me two tickets so I'll be attending as well. I'll take pictures of the Ruby Red. Mine shouldn't be far behind. I'll be busy offloading my Raptor poser parts until then.

picture.php

Last edited:

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, price-wise, a loaded LAriat can't be too far off from a Raptor? And a loaded raptor is a NICE place to be. So I don't see a lot of reason not to get a raptor - way cooler, and better resale value down the line because its more desirable. So you made the right call! Congratulations!

Oh, ignore sasquatch and jake. Both trolls.

Loaded Lariat vs 800A Raptor, sure, price is close, before you consider about $10k discount on the Lariat vs no discount on the Raptor. To get a Raptor equipped like a loaded Lariat, you have to spend close to $70k. So the delta ends up being like $20,000-$30,000 when you factor in equivalent spec and discount on the Lariat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc