AG VS. Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get your opinion on which exterior color? I have ordered AG, and saw one on the street yesterday. It looked nice, however I still like the black as well. Yes it is a bear to keep clean (must also take extra steps to prevent scratching when washing, etc.) however it does look so nice when it is clean. Some folks say there is a lack of contrast since the trim pieces sort of blend in, however aren't the fender trim pieces more of a gun metal, so I would indeed get some contrast in those areas. Yes, the AG is the new color, however I am not a huge gray fan, and from the looks of the one I saw on the road yesterday, it was a grayish blueish color, just didn't make me want to do flips over it. Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

Just stating the obvious, but truck color is definitely a personal preference. That said, I had the opportunity to see my truck (2017 Oxford White Raptor with tinted windows, hard tonneau, all of the black trim pieces, etc...) side by side with a black Raptor yesterday and there was 100% no comparison in my opinion. My white truck definitely looked much sportier and stood out in comparison to the black truck. This is coming from a guy that has never owned any other color of car/truck other than black or white. As a matter of fact, I currently own two black SUVs, a white Corvette, and my white Raptor, so I am 100% not color biased with respect to your question.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Except maybe Ruby Red.

Where I come from we call that color "maroon". Aint no maroon truck on the planet that looks better than a black one.

I will say that fancy maroon paint looks good on a Ford Edge or some other mamby wagon type vehicle.

Anyone who doesn't own a black truck is secretly jealous of them when they see one. It's OK- you don't have to admit it. You know it, I know it, we all know it. :)

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where I come from we call that color "maroon". Aint no maroon truck on the planet that looks better than a black one.

I will say that fancy maroon paint looks good on a Ford Edge or some other mamby wagon type vehicle.

Anyone who doesn't own a black truck is secretly jealous of them when they see one. It's OK- you don't have to admit it. You know it, I know it, we all know it. :)

My last truck was black and it was great, but Ruby Red gets more looks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
AG all day!

<Bugs> What a maroon </Bugs> :lol:
Apologies - I couldn’t resist with the previous ruby red / maroon discussion.

You guys / gals are missing one important fun fact.
Black Raptors are faster. :flipthebird:

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 12 black, then a 14 terrain, now a black my friend has a ruby red Raptor. His next Raptor is gonna be white. When we went to pick up my G2 which is black, they had a magnetic, lighting blue and the Avalanche.
He ordered white, he did not like the Avalanche. When he saw my black I'm gonna quote him and he repeated it 3 times "Black is the color"
Then he said twice that's the color. Then he said it just looks tougher. Then he pissed me off n said you shoulda got the beadocks.
I ordered them they got pulled , everyone knows Fords fall delivery beadlocks and carbon fiber fiasco.
And you know my choice. It also was my first time seeing it in person on a Raptor. I have seen it on a mustang a while back. It's a nice color and maintaining it is certainly better. Avalanche would of been my second choice, but I don't wash my car's I have em detailed. So I went back to black and honestly when I got the terrain I missed having black. If you don't want a high maintenance color go with the Avalanche of you want black go for it.
I also think black is a quicker easier resale. IMO.

PMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black looks fantastic when clean and swirl-free...but how often does one actually see that?

AG all day!

^^this.

Black is by far the best looking color IMHO. My last ride was black, and you could see every swirl and every little tree rub down the side. For that reason I went oxford this time, but the AG has similar scratch concealment properties.