Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unsprung weight is anything below the springs, or not supported by the suspension like the wheels, tires, brakes etc. The benefits of reducing unsprung weight are many, it helps to improve handling, acceleration and can enhance nimbleness. Now on a 3 ton truck it will have less of an effect than on a sports car but it helps nonetheless.

For example, I have a 3700 pound car and I reduced my unsprung weight by ~60lbs with brakes and wheels - the car felt like I had added 60HP, braked better and felt much lighter on its feet.

SHOCKSOKET

Reaction score
Ordering method nv on toyo open country m/t. Looks like 37 x 12.5 17 with CAS leveling system. Not gonna be jumping anything so I hope this setup works without a lot of modifications to the body/fenders.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question, but what benefit does a lighter wheel have? Whether it's 20lbs or 35lbs, what's the difference if it's rolling? I've heard of "unsprung weight", but what does that help with ? Jumping? I'm not planning on jumping, so should I be concerned about the weight of a wheel?

Unsprung weight and rotating mass are the enemy of performance. Reducing both with help in most all areas of performance and drivability. Acceleration, handling, braking, fuel economy, are all improved. Removing 1lb of unsprung weight is the equivalent of reducing the static weight by 7-10 pounds. By reducing the wheels by 15lbs/ea you are reducing the unsprung weight by 60lbs. In overall performance gains that equates to reducing the overall weight by 400-600lbs.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheel trim matches truck trim perfectly.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Wheels are + 6 offset.

I had trouble finding lugs. These were super cheap but great quality. Paint did not chip off at all with install.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BGIF054/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Bought the Wheels from Mr. Wheeldeal. $879 including tax and shipping. Shipping only took 5 days from the day I ordered.

The Trophys look great on the black truck! Any idea what they weigh? Looked on the fuel website, but no weight listed for 17x8.5

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think Trophy's look boring... just me. I do like that the 'deadlock' matches the fender flares but still boring in my opinion.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Trophys look great on the black truck! Any idea what they weigh? Looked on the fuel website, but no weight listed for 17x8.5

I had a set 2-3 years ago. I recall them being about 26-27lbs. I still have my spare somewhere in the warehouse. I'll try to weigh it if I get a little free time today.