aFe Track Series Carbon Fiber vs aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 XP Dual 3-1/2 IN cold air intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

I was just wondering what the difference was between aFe cold air intake systems Track Series Carbon Fiber and Magnum FORCE Stage-2 XP Dual 3-1/2 IN. These two seem to be the best since aFe claims that both improve airflow by 92% according to aFe. I am pretty set on aFe since everyone on this forum raves about them.

Thanks.

Ol_Blue

Reaction score
Would you agree it is worth the extra money for the same performance?
Well... I only paid $647 Total for mine when I bought it. I see its $821 now and the other is $642 so a price difference of $179 which is bigger difference then when I bought mine if I recall.

But I have the Carbon Fiber Trim in my truck so to me it was worth the extra money at the time but $179 is a tough call.

I would say yes is you have the Carbon Fiber in your truck but no if you don't. Just my opinion. It does look really good when you pop the hood.

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I only paid $647 Total for mine when I bought it. I see its $821 now and the other is $642 so a price difference of $179 which is bigger difference then when I bought mine if I recall.

But I have the Carbon Fiber Trim in my truck so to me it was worth the extra money at the time but $179 is a tough call.

I would say yes is you have the Carbon Fiber in your truck but no if you don't. Just my opinion. It does look really good when you pop the hood.
I am planning on adding more Carbon fiber but I will probably get the Carbon Fiber Intake. You pay for what you get.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
The only thing I don't care for is why did the have to rivet their tag right on to the intake tube because I've read where some have broken off which probably means they weren't drilled or riveted probably.

But the thought of that little piece of metal being loose in my intake tube, no thank you.

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I don't care for is why did the have to rivet their tag right on to the intake tube because I've read where some have broken off which probably means they weren't drilled or riveted probably.

But the thought of that little piece of metal being loose in my intake tube, no thank you.
Yah I agree with you. I will have to do research on that.

acelesson

Reaction score
I just purchased the AFE track intake, and have a question on intakes and exhausts in general. I noticed some 3" intakes as well as 3.5" intakes. My question is are tunes required for bigger intakes? On my GTR, it was basically required if I jumped from the stock intakes to a larger one...ditto on exhausts. Are Raptors as finicky as GTRs and will I need a tune if I make the jump? Or is it a simple swap with no work to the engine management system?

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the AFE track intake, and have a question on intakes and exhausts in general. I noticed some 3" intakes as well as 3.5" intakes. My question is are tunes required for bigger intakes? On my GTR, it was basically required if I jumped from the stock intakes to a larger one...ditto on exhausts. Are Raptors as finicky as GTRs and will I need a tune if I make the jump? Or is it a simple swap with no work to the engine management system?
No you won't need a tune. The CAI allows colder air, Willa tune help, absolutely. Is it needed? No.