About to pull the trigger on new tires...help me decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh man nobody told you?!! that setup wont work without boatechs and 3.0 shocks. :mwah1:

I kid I kid

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm a bit OCD when it comes my Raptor. I was starting to obsess over this. I've read so many threads about wheels and tires, I think I'm cross eyed. It fits, it doesn't fit, it rubs, it doesn't rub, Nittos, no, Toyos, no, BFG, trimming, pinch welds, glass fenders, mid perch.... I found the cure. Hit the "Submit Order" button.

Now, I'm at peace.... :crazy: Until the next mod....

Yeah, dude. You've done your research. Get 'em mounted and see how they work for you. One of the biggest factors is how you'll drive your truck. "Off roading" is even different for different folks. Some do all of it out in the desert at high speeds. I do the majority of mine up in the mountains. Some push to the extreme limits and think the stock suspension is weak. Some love it and wouldn't think about dropping several thousand dollar to replace perfectly good shocks. Most importantly, your set up will have to work for you. Nobody else knows how you'll actually drive your truck.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ZB, if you were OCD you'd spell it CDO to put the letters in proper alphabetical order. ;) You're just being analytically protective of a large monetary investment that you also have personal investment in. There. Feel better? :) :) :)

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ZB, if you were OCD you'd spell it CDO to put the letters in proper alphabetical order. ;) You're just being analytically protective of a large monetary investment that you also have personal investment in. There. Feel better? :) :) :)

Thank. Very kind of you to try to make me feel better. :)

Wait till I hit my first speed bump and I hear some tire grind or see a fender flare flying off in my rear view mirror. I'll need more moral support... :jester:

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just found this pic of a 37x12.5x17 GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar. I'm thinking yowza!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 62

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score

No that is funny I don't care who you are!!:ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Ok, I'm committed. Pulled the trigger on 5 Goodyear MT/Rs with Kevlar 37x12.5x17 and 5 Method Fat Fives 6x135 with 0mm offset. 4 Wheel Parts had free shipping on everything to their store which is close to my house and they are doing the mid perch, install and alignment. $346 for each tire and $187 for each wheel before tax, install, etc.

Now the wait begins. Product gets shipped, I reassemble my center console and shifter so I can drive the truck again, set aside half a day to get this done, take lots of pictures and post back here.... Yay!

Thanks to everyone who opined. It's great to bounce these things off people with similar interests!

Congrats on making a decision. It is always tough to decide just what you want and then get ten thousand different opinions. Bottom line...........you gotta do what makes you happy!! You certainly did your homework though. Please post pics once finished and tell us how you like the new set up!

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm committed. Pulled the trigger on 5 Goodyear MT/Rs with Kevlar 37x12.5x17 and 5 Method Fat Fives 6x135 with 0mm offset. 4 Wheel Parts had free shipping on everything to their store which is close to my house and they are doing the mid perch, install and alignment. $346 for each tire and $187 for each wheel before tax, install, etc.

Now the wait begins. Product gets shipped, I reassemble my center console and shifter so I can drive the truck again, set aside half a day to get this done, take lots of pictures and post back here.... Yay!

Thanks to everyone who opined. It's great to bounce these things off people with similar interests!

* I had a set of MT/R's 37" on my Alpha and they rode horrible on the road, however great for dirt.

Attachments

• IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 66

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score

ZB,

I can't wait to see these on your truck. I was thinking of doing this with my Stock Beadlock wheel but I was worried about clearance since I will be off road with my vehicle. I am sitting at mid perch already so I want to know how this works out. Subscribed.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I get a call from 4 Wheel Parts telling me the wheels I ordered LAST WEEK will not be in tomorrow.

:rage:

That's just not right. I'm so angry I'm red. :mad:

So after I calmed down I decided I had three options.

1. Take it on the chin and wait another week (the adult thing to do)
2. Cancel my wheel order and try to get 5 wheels locally I can bring with me to my appointment tomorrow (there could be nothing locally).
3. Bite the bullet and order wheels and have them overnighted (the wrong and immature thing to do)

So which one did I pick? #3 of course.

So I ordered a set of Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II 17x9, 0 offset and 5" backspace (instead of 4.75" backspace on the Methods).

Let's see if this goes off without another hitch. I'm not optimistic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 162