850+ whp F150 Ecoboost (CRP Upgraded Garret Turbos)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sloppy hone work, you can see the scratches they left carelessly yanking the home out. Also, what’s up with the middle hole in the picture about a quarter inch from the top? Looks like metal loss

OP
OP
zfgracing

zfgracing

Reaction score
Sloppy hone work, you can see the scratches they left carelessly yanking the home out. Also, what’s up with the middle hole in the picture about a quarter inch from the top? Looks like metal loss
Idk, didn't put the motor together that was all done at CSS/cnc werx. I can tell you the scratches are from fitting the Rings, middle hole is just the picture. Either way it all worked just fine. Last time it was on the dyno it made 640 on the stock motor and went 10.67 hoping to see inside of 10.30 this time.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any turbo lag associated with the 52mm over the normal Garrett's? What is the downside of going with the 52mm over the 50mm (other than of course the longevity of the motor's bottom end)?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there any turbo lag associated with the 52mm over the normal Garrett's? What is the downside of going with the 52mm over the 50mm (other than of course the longevity of the motor's bottom end)?

It’ll increase the boost threshold a bit but with the 10 speed and how quickly the 3.5 spools up anyway, if I were paying to get new turbos I’d get the biggest compressors I could fit in the stock location.

OP
OP
zfgracing

zfgracing

Reaction score
There is some lag for sure. Technically no one has done the 50x67mm wheel yet, I have used that wheel on the ranger before and it was not to much slower than stock in that application. here i expect the lag to be 2-300 rpm less than the 52x72mm and about 2-300 rpm more than the base garret turbo. The base Garrett turbo spools pretty close to stock.

In a raptor the spool should be better because there is more load on the motor. But like @BoostCreep says when you have 10 speeds it doesn't really matter because I can keep the trans right in the power.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’ll increase the boost threshold a bit but with the 10 speed and how quickly the 3.5 spools up anyway, if I were paying to get new turbos I’d get the biggest compressors I could fit in the stock location.
That is my inclination as well.
There is some lag for sure. Technically no one has done the 50x67mm wheel yet, I have used that wheel on the ranger before and it was not to much slower than stock in that application. here i expect the lag to be 2-300 rpm less than the 52x72mm and about 2-300 rpm more than the base garret turbo. The base Garrett turbo spools pretty close to stock.

In a raptor the spool should be better because there is more load on the motor. But like @BoostCreep says when you have 10 speeds it doesn't really matter because I can keep the trans right in the power.
Very helpful.