40" Rigid Install Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped!!!! I will proceed no further until tomorrow! I've had a few already and apparently it's time to stop playing with my rig until I'm a little more FOCUSED! :peace:

I'll post more tomorrow. I'm going to sit back and admire what I've got for tonight and tackle the wiring tomorrow after reading the post.

Thanx!!!

Before you cut off wires and relays make sure your never going to sell this lightbar. If you ever plan on changing and trying to sell it might reduce the value. No reason you cant have it double fused. Ya just need to remember it if the lights quit working...

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before you cut off wires and relays make sure your never going to sell this lightbar. If you ever plan on changing and trying to sell it might reduce the value. No reason you cant have it double fused. Ya just need to remember it if the lights quit working...

I wouldn't know how to go about doing that at all.

I would agree that it will hurt the value without the original wiring harness. I'm never planning on selling it however I want to make sure I don't void the warranty but doing this so I've left Rigid an email asking for opinions.

I thought these lights were a simple plug-n-play or simple two wire like Swoop's. Didn't realize there would be this much PITA with it.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

where did you get the 3m bra installed:peace:

I had a company called P&L Automotive from Minneapolis, MN come down to my dealership where I work and install it. Hood, Bumper, Mirrors, Door Edges and full Rockers for $300 (my cost). I like it and he did a great job cutting around the decal.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Another option is making your own harness. They sell that weather pack connector at auto parts stores. Buy it, some 12 ga wire, and some plastic loom.

You could also cut it far enough from the relay connector to resplice it if you do sell. But I seriously doubt it will drop the value on a used light. If it did your talking by a few bucks. The wiring harness isn't worth that much. Hell I'll give you mine off my 20".

My motto is cut/drill/shoot/drink/etc first ask questions later.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know how to go about doing that at all.

I would agree that it will hurt the value without the original wiring harness. I'm never planning on selling it however I want to make sure I don't void the warranty but doing this so I've left Rigid an email asking for opinions.

I thought these lights were a simple plug-n-play or simple two wire like Swoop's. Didn't realize there would be this much PITA with it.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

I had a company called P&L Automotive from Minneapolis, MN come down to my dealership where I work and install it. Hood, Bumper, Mirrors, Door Edges and full Rockers for $300 (my cost). I like it and he did a great job cutting around the decal.

I hope this will help you some...

Attachments

• ridge light bar.jpg
    ridge light bar.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Done. Followed wires from weatherpack connector and cut them about 3/4 up to the relay (just in case). Grounded and straight to aux 1. Swapped out to a 20 amp and PERFECTION!

Glad that's done. Will post good pics later on in the week. Going up to Mall of America tomorrow to Underwater World w/kiddos.

THANX EVERYONE FOR HELP AND INPUT. IT'S APPRECIATED.