37" BFG ATs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New 37", fit wonderful and ride fantastic!

Two notable differences:

1). Less gas mileage by about .5 MPG

2). Navigation system off on North and South travels

Looks just like my truck. :)

My navigation is off pretty often too and I do travel north and south about 95% of my work commute. I installed the tires and NavTV within a few hundred miles of buying the truck, so I never really knew, and still don't know, what caused my GPS to be off and I didn't want to take it to the dealer with the NavTV installed. I never considered that the tires could have caused it, but I do have a SCT tuner to correct my speedo, so it doesn't seem like the tires should cause it.

Attachments

• 37bfg.jpg
    37bfg.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 203

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks just like my truck. :)

My navigation is off pretty often too and I do travel north and south about 95% of my work commute. I installed the tires and NavTV within a few hundred miles of buying the truck, so I never really knew, and still don't know, what caused my GPS to be off and I didn't want to take it to the dealer with the NavTV installed. I never considered that the tires could have caused it, but I do have a SCT tuner to correct my speedo, so it doesn't seem like the tires should cause it.

Glad i got the "cheap" raptor, no Factory Nav! :specialed:

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would NAV be off from changing tire size?

- It is for sure off, my thoughts are that it is some how connected to the tire pressure sensors.

- It constantly shows off by several hundred feet to the west or east while traveling North or South.

* Also noticed more tire vibration at higher speeds with the 37's.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
- It constantly shows off by several hundred feet to the west or east while traveling North or South.

That's exactly what mine does. I travel a north/south road for about 12 miles on my commute to work and my nav always says i'm on one of the north/south residential streets that are just a block or two off the street that i'm traveling. Strange... especially because my speedo is correct. I doubt it's the TPMS because I tried setting them to 44psi and it didn't make a difference.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I just tried to Google the issue and some other F-150 owners are claiming that disconnecting the negative battery cable from the battery for about 10 minutes has solved this issue for them. I haven't tried it, but I guess it's worth a shot.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what mine does. I travel a north/south road for about 12 miles on my commute to work and my nav always says i'm on one of the north/south residential streets that are just a block or two off the street that i'm traveling. Strange... especially because my speedo is correct. I doubt it's the TPMS because I tried setting them to 44psi and it didn't make a difference.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I just tried to Google the issue and some other F-150 owners are claiming that disconnecting the negative battery cable from the battery for about 10 minutes has solved this issue for them. I haven't tried it, but I guess it's worth a shot.

* Interesting, when you do that can you advise if it corrects the GPS issues?

* Do you notice more tire vibration with 37's?

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not notice any more vibration with my 37's. Got them last week. :)

Same here. I expected extra noise, floaty feel, bounce, and change in smoothness...but it is none of that.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

New 37", fit wonderful and ride fantastic!

Two notable differences:

1). Less gas mileage by about .5 MPG

2). Navigation system off on North and South travels

Keep in mind that the speedometer, trip meter, and mpg display is off now by 5 to 6%. Now my factory Trip A/B display may show 100.0 miles, but my GPS is showing 105.5 miles. On my last tank, my display was showing 16.0 mpg, but according to GPS miles, I actually got 16.9 mpg. Per GPS mph and SCT Tuner rpm readouts, on 35's I was 70 mph @ 2,000 rpm, on 37's now I'm 74 mph at 2,000 rpm.

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Wow! This taller sidewall is really noticeable. Feels like I'm piloting a barge now when cornering on the street. Go pedal is not quite as responsive. And the ride offroad is pillowy smooth. I love it.:GetMoney:

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

So is it worth it to have Mike at 5star write another tune for me to compensate for the 37's?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! This taller sidewall is really noticeable. Feels like I'm piloting a barge now when cornering on the street. Go pedal is not quite as responsive. And the ride offroad is pillowy smooth. I love it.:GetMoney:

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

So is it worth it to have Mike at 5star write another tune for me to compensate for the 37's?

u should be able to adjust that in the tune with what ever tuning device u have. u have to load the tune again and when it ask if u want to make adjustments u will find the speedo adjustment