3.5 EB in Rap vs. Lincoln and new tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uhh. So annoying. I wrote an entire post and fumbled my mouse and lost it. Now the short version. Look, new tires. wow. stacked old tires.

In short, our 2019 Lincoln Navigator basically has the same engine, but none of the clunky transmission or engine shudder problems. What gives? Anyone in the know?

IMG_4541.jpegIMG_4542.jpegIMG_4540.jpeg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the transmission concerns, what is the truck’s build date? There was a TSB that applies to some 2018 models.

Engine shudder under throttle is definitely not normal, we’re you able to get together the maintenance records and service history?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
have you researched any 2019 Lincoln Navigator websites to see if those owners are experiencing anything? I'm guessing the Lincoln is heavier with a softer, quieter ride, has different trans software, and maybe a 5-link rear?

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the transmission concerns, what is the truck’s build date? There was a TSB that applies to some 2018 models.

Engine shudder under throttle is definitely not normal, we’re you able to get together the maintenance records and service history?
mine is 8/18

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its a ****** adaptable trans. If you’re not a good driver and have bad respinse times and clunky feet its going to adapt to YOU. If its a used truck its going to be adapted to the PREVIOUS OWNERS driving habits. CLEAR the adaptive memory and drive like grandma for a couple weeks and it will be fine.

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats with the flood of sub 100posters airing out grievances lately?
I am NOT airing grievances. I just purchased my first raptor used a week ago. It has issues, but I am a long time Ford fanatic and I love the truck. Most people would read my post as intended, asking for help and starting a conversation. I have no use for trolls and you can block and ignore me. I will do the same.