2024 Raptor Quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bossracer78

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a noise that seems to come from the rear. Almost every time I either let off the gas or I brake, it sounds like I have something loose in the truck bed (which is empty). A clunking sound. 800+ miles so far. Otherwise, great truck.

I have posted on the lack of a digital RPM readout on the tach, instead of the redundant gear selection, but no-one has responded. If I am using my shift paddles, I want accurate readings. Is that too much to ask for a "performance" vehicle? Will Ford do an online update?

RollTigers

Reaction score
I’ve been very lucky with my 23 Raptor 37 package and 22 Mach 1 not having any issues. These are the first American cars I’ve owned. I’ve been so pleased with my 23 Raptor I was worried about a 24 R I almost ordered since I really wanted a 23 R. Glad I didn’t order but if I did start having problems I’ll quickly go back to Honda and Toyota. Never had issues with all of those. These quality issues y’all speak of and have pictures of are unacceptable. I’d be sick. Poor management yet the workers gripe and complain and strike for more pay when they build a crappy product? They need to hold these assemblers more accountable and fire them. Ridiculous.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately yeah it is most manufacturers that lack in the QC area. The only brand that I ever had with no quality issues is Porsche.
I had nothing but issues with my 2021 718 Spyder. It was in the shop constantly for months. They were unable to align it, swaybar bushings, gas tank pad, cooling fans stopped running, NAV showed me in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
I have a noise that seems to come from the rear. Almost every time I either let off the gas or I brake, it sounds like I have something loose in the truck bed (which is empty). A clunking sound. 800+ miles so far. Otherwise, great truck.

I have posted on the lack of a digital RPM readout on the tach, instead of the redundant gear selection, but no-one has responded. If I am using my shift paddles, I want accurate readings. Is that too much to ask for a "performance" vehicle? Will Ford do an online update?
That noise happens to me very seldom, but I do hear it. I get more exhaust gurgling and backfiring than I expected, I don't mind it.

I dont have any other quality issues that I've noticed. Nothing stands out, nothing noticeable. My truck was actually well put together.

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
Ive had small stuff happen to mine so far. I picked it up beginning of April and as of today only has 633 miles on it, with more tech these things are bound to happen it's just part of the game now. One of the interior sensors was bad where the car alarm was going off randomly, first I thought it was a bad battery but turned out to be the sensor. Other issue I have is the drivers side cooled seat the motor sounds like its going to overspeed, where as the passenger side seat sounds nothing like the drivers side seat. Here is a video of how it sounds. some times it sounds like its going to overspeed other times it sounds like an animal is in the back seat. and no air blows into the seat
Your seat is making some epic boost!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
My 24 Raptor has a nonfunctional door keypad —-was told the faulty parts are on back order and it could be months

alockbox

Reaction score

I mentioned this in an exhaust noise post. I was told to sell my truck, that it's not for me... Then I was told it's normal by a few other people. I'm waiting patiently to see how many people end up having this, and if it is just the nature of the 24 / turbos or if there will be a TSB. To me, it doesn't sound normal. If I make it to my first oil change before there's any definitive answer, I'll bring it up. But I can't be without my vehicle for long enough to be the diagnosis guinea pig this time. I did it with a previous Ford and it took months to solve then a TSB was issued with a fix quickly after.

Wartman

Reaction score
That noise happens to me very seldom, but I do hear it. I get more exhaust gurgling and backfiring than I expected, I don't mind it.

I dont have any other quality issues that I've noticed. Nothing stands out, nothing noticeable. My truck was actually well put together.
Same noise here, but only occasionally. Sounds like something clunking in the rear end.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
These quality issues y’all speak of and have pictures of are unacceptable. I’d be sick. Poor management yet the workers gripe and complain and strike for more pay when they build a crappy product? They need to hold these assemblers more accountable and fire them. Ridiculous.
I've never been in an automotive factory but it would be nice to know how it all works when it comes to quality control. For instance, how long does a quality control person on the production line have to review all checklists at completion of assembly? Is every assembled vehicle quality control inspected or only a certain percentage? If a quality inspector calls in sick, who covers inspections, if anyone?

It would pretty cool if there were some forum members who previously worked at Ford or another American automaker that could shed some light on the whole process. Nothing can ever be perfect of course but some things seem to be pretty blatant so knowing the process could bring better understanding.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never been in an automotive factory but it would be nice to know how it all works when it comes to quality control. For instance, how long does a quality control person on the production line have to review all checklists at completion of assembly? Is every assembled vehicle quality control inspected or only a certain percentage? If a quality inspector calls in sick, who covers inspections, if anyone?

It would pretty cool if there were some forum members who previously worked at Ford or another American automaker that could shed some light on the whole process. Nothing can ever be perfect of course but some things seem to be pretty blatant so knowing the process could bring better understanding.
I can only imagine inspectors are rushed and management is more concerned with numbers then actual quality until escapes happen then its time to reflect