2024 Orders - Auto Start/Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They removed the start/stop from Gen 3 (year 23) because the chip shortage affected the control board for it. I dont think ford ever intended to make it an "option" when you place an order. 'Advanced security pack' was another hit of the same shortage that year
My 22 doesn’t have it.

IOWALAW

Reaction score
Can confirm - it’s on my ‘24, despite requesting at time of order to remove it. Oh well. I’m just glad to have black recaros.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having it on my gen 2 I can also confirm that i haven't seen a reduction in fuel economy not having the feature. If it actually added 2-3 mpg id be all for it, but it is annoying AF considering it doesn't really do anything in the real world. It makes more sense in the powerboost as you can actually run with the engine off for quite a while and the AC keeps on churning cold air.

WisestIowan

Reaction score
I don’t disagree, but at least stop it from defaulting to On. It’s another useless feature that has not positively impacted fuel economy and has not saved the planet

Thank Obama. Just a small tidbit of stuff that has made our lives (even slightly) worse to combat a made up boogeyman.

Don’t get me wrong, my opinion is climate change is real. However, I think people who live in the western world are contributing less than 1% of the problem.

Climate change is normal and if anyone is guilty of heavily contributing to it it’s China, Russia (to a lesser extent), India and Africa.

As a matter of fact, China puts more gasses into the atmosphere that “experts” claim are detrimental to the environment than all of the western world combined.

[steps off his soapbox]

My 2023 Azure 37 doesn’t have start/stop and for that I am grateful.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank Obama. Just a small tidbit of stuff that has made our lives (even slightly) worse to combat a made up boogeyman.

Don’t get me wrong, my opinion is climate change is real. However, I think people who live in the western world are contributing less than 1% of the problem.

Climate change is normal and if anyone is guilty of heavily contributing to it it’s China, Russia (to a lesser extent), India and Africa.

As a matter of fact, China puts more gasses into the atmosphere that “experts” claim are detrimental to the environment than all of the western world combined.

[steps off his soapbox]

My 2023 Azure 37 doesn’t have start/stop and for that I am grateful.
I’m an official climate denier. Still waiting for that acid rain that was promised 20 years ago

WisestIowan

Reaction score
I’m an official climate denier. Still waiting for that acid rain that was promised 20 years ago

Climate is changing for sure. No denying that. The question really is how much is humanity contributing to it? I’m no expert but probably a small amount.

The government has, inarguably, used global warming/climate change/etc as a tool to create unnecessary taxes for 40+ years and people have mindlessly slurped it up because most people are unable or unwilling to have independent thought.

If the ice caps are melting and sea levels rising as we’ve been told, why do all of these celebrities and politicians buy multimillion dollar beach houses? Seems like a bad investment if it’ll be underwater in 10 years.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Climate is changing for sure. No denying that. The question really is how much is humanity contributing to it? I’m no expert but probably a small amount.

The government has, inarguably, used global warming/climate change/etc as a tool to create unnecessary taxes for 40+ years and people have mindlessly slurped it up because most people are unable or unwilling to have independent thought.

If the ice caps are melting and sea levels rising as we’ve been told, why do all of these celebrities and politicians buy multimillion dollar beach houses? Seems like a bad investment if it’ll be underwater in 10 years.
Our climate has been changing since the beginning of time. It goes up, it goes down. There are plenty of well-respected scientists that have provided evidence showing “climate change” as being nearly a complete sham.

Today’s Climate change propaganda is 100% fear-based profiteering at its finest. I’ll get worried when John Kerry, Al Gore, Bill Gates, Leonardo DiCraprio, and the other cast of characters sell their yachts and planes. :)

Growing up in the early 90’s I can remember semi-trucks driving up highway entrance ramps, with some of them nearly smoking out the highway just trying to get on. I think we can agree that’s probably not great for the environment, but that’s as far as I’ll concede.

IMG_6099.jpeg