2021 AB 37 PP - 38's Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mandatory new member check in from Texas. Couldn't find a good pic, so same pic in profile to prove not-a-prius. Well, after much debate, I did it. Pulled the trigger on 38's. Bought wheels off a 2019 black widow then went with 38's Nitto RG. Rides stiff and feels buff, but I love it. Even after going with Eibach pro's, trimming was required to make them fit.
Another raptor destroyed

OP
OP
Christian92

Christian92

Reaction score
Another raptor destroyed
Because it doesn't have 17's? Go ahead and enlighten me on the difference between 38's/20's vs. 35's/17's. 17's are lighter so it runs faster? Can't crawl as well because not as much sidewall? Same exact 9 inches of sidewall per side as 35's/17's set up so what is it about 20's that gets you internet strangers so caught up you feel the need to air it out? Legit curious.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is it about 20's that gets you internet strangers so caught up you feel the need to air it out? Legit curious.

I'm no expert but you said it yourself "It rides stiff"

When you take the qualities that make it a Raptor and change it so that it doesn't ride like a Raptor anymore, then those that like Raptors as a Raptor was made, may consider your Raptor "destroyed"

But you do you. If you like it the way you made it then F 'em :)

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're about 25-30lbs heavier per corner. That's going to drastically affect acceleration, braking and ride quality. If you like it that's all that matters.

OP
OP
Christian92

Christian92

Reaction score
You're about 25-30lbs heavier per corner. That's going to drastically affect acceleration, braking and ride quality. If you like it that's all that matters.
This brings up a really good point. I'll have to weight out a 38 and see where it sits exactly. I kept the spare so that'll be good notes to compare.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because it doesn't have 17's? Go ahead and enlighten me on the difference between 38's/20's vs. 35's/17's. 17's are lighter so it runs faster? Can't crawl as well because not as much sidewall? Same exact 9 inches of sidewall per side as 35's/17's set up so what is it about 20's that gets you internet strangers so caught up you feel the need to air it out? Legit curious.
If you've ever been around Corvette guys, they all act like this. The Vette boomers may even not be as bad. It's kinda hilarious, kinda sad.

Anyway, good on you for being creative and making what you like!

OP
OP
Christian92

Christian92

Reaction score
I appreciate that. Reminds me of the orange Raptor R floating around the internet out of Akins Ford. Def not my style, but whoever bought that dropped 200k+ so I'm not hating on them. For that much money to blow like that? F you kind of money buys my opinions being kept to myself lol.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate that. Reminds me of the orange Raptor R floating around the internet out of Akins Ford. Def not my style, but whoever bought that dropped 200k+ so I'm not hating on them. For that much money to blow like that? F you kind of money buys my opinions being kept to myself lol.
Exactly. And as ugly as that R was, I've seen people blow WAY more money on WAY uglier stuff. "Artwork", for example. sheesh.