2019 Raptor Rear-Ended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rolltide35406

Reaction score
An Audi Q5 rear-ended me at about 35-40 mph. Frame is bent on the passenger side and crumpled on driver side. The bed of the truck now has hump of about 8 inches now. Current value of trcuk is about $60k. How much does it cost to repair/replace the frame and bed?

Attachments

• Bed bend driver side.jpg
    Bed bend driver side.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Driver side frame crumple.jpg
    Driver side frame crumple.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Passenger side frame bend.jpg
    Passenger side frame bend.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Rear Drive Side.jpg
    Rear Drive Side.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 161

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, post some pics, because there is more damage than you mentioned. A frame swap and a box is half the value probably, but you'll have more than that if it was rear ended. Bumper, tail gate, back of cab, etc. Hope everybody was okay.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 4 years ago we had a 2014 Gen 1 SCAB get rear ended. We were able to replace the frame from the cab back. Don't know how the repair procedure is for the GEN 2 but I think you should be okay as far as repair-ability is concerned. How ever parts availability is another concern. If you are concerned about resale value either ask for what they call diminished value, I believe, and/or get rid of the truck as soon as you get it back from the shop.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be concerned about your drivetrain, the rear diff never moved forward? Would think the driveshaft might of gone too far into the transfer case. The rear springs are probably toast, did you look under the vehicle, are the u-bolts slanted? Hows the back of the cab?

OP
OP
R

rolltide35406

Reaction score
Thanks for the $25,000 number. That's very helpful. Did that include a new truck bed, bumper, tailgate etc? With an estimated value of $60k (probably lesser on the insurance company books), I'm curious as to whether or not it makes it to the 75% of value threshold that would lead to totaling it.