2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh god please yesssssssss.......

clicking refresh repeatedly now :biggrin:

The 2019 Ford F150 Models & Specs should be released any day now. Within this release, should be details about the 2019 Raptor.

I will post a link when it comes out.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to stir the pot, ADMs are actually good because they balance supply and demand.

Ferrari is famous for forcing dealers to stick to list price. What does that mean for buyers? It means that no matter how much money you have, you cannot buy a new Ferrari. In order to earn the right to buy a new Ferrari, you have to buy several used Ferraris from a dealer first. Only after you are an established customer will he invite you to buy one of his allocations. How fair is that?

And it is no different with Fords. People had to apply to buy a GT and most people with buckets of cash were turned down. Is that fair? No doubt several of these lucky buyers will flip the GT and make boatloads of cash. What Ford should have done is hold a reverse auction and let the market determine the price. Then Ford makes the profit and not some flipper who does nothing but abuse his special access to make a quick buck.

The Raptor is no different. There is a small dealer in CA that sells at list price. But it really doesn't matter because he has a two-year wait list. How does that help customers?

The same applies to anti-gouging laws during times of need. If a hurricane is approaching and gas is $2.50, I'm going to fill up every single thing that will hold gas just in case. It's good for me, but not so good for all the people who cannot buy $2.50 gas because hoarders like me run the pumps dry. But if gas is $10/gal, I'm only going to take what I need and there will be enough $10 gas for everyone. With a hurricane approaching, would you rather pay $10/gal, or not be able to buy gas at $2.50?

Price fixing is bad for consumers because it distorts supply and demand and only people with special access get to buy it at the fixed price. The rest of us are out of luck.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is making nearly 30k Raptors power year...a Ferrari this is not.

Also, you would be the **** that buys up all the gas during a hurricane just because you can, huh?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor is no different. There is a small dealer in CA that sells at list price. But it really doesn't matter because he has a two-year wait list. How does that help customers?

The same applies to anti-gouging laws during times of need. If a hurricane is approaching and gas is $2.50, I'm going to fill up every single thing that will hold gas just in case. It's good for me, but not so good for all the people who cannot buy $2.50 gas because hoarders like me run the pumps dry. But if gas is $10/gal, I'm only going to take what I need and there will be enough $10 gas for everyone. With a hurricane approaching, would you rather pay $10/gal, or not be able to buy gas at $2.50?

Price fixing is bad for consumers because it distorts supply and demand and only people with special access get to buy it at the fixed price. The rest of us are out of luck.

My dealer in CA is hardly small and my wait for a 2018 that I ordered in June 2017 was 5 months.

As to your last paragraph, selling at msrp is hardly price fixing. A standard F150 isn’t marked up and anyone who wants one can get one. Raptor can hardly be considered a limited production vehicle like your other examples. You’re stirring the pot with a bunch of ********.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty sure the ferrari story only refers to special or limited edition ferrari's like the enzo, la ferrari and others.

Otherwise dealers wouldn't have brand new ferrari's sitting on the lot for "regular" customers to purchase.

And raptors shouldn't be compared to ferrari's either lol

OP
OP
Jake17

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
No matter how much money you have, you can't buy a new Ferrari. To earn the right to buy a new Ferrari, you have to buy several used Ferraris from a dealer. After you're an established customer they'll ask you to buy a new one. Ferrari forces dealers to stick to msrp.
fake news :lol:

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Just to stir the pot, ADMs are actually good because they balance supply and demand.

Ferrari is famous for forcing dealers to stick to list price. What does that mean for buyers? It means that no matter how much money you have, you cannot buy a new Ferrari. In order to earn the right to buy a new Ferrari, you have to buy several used Ferraris from a dealer first. Only after you are an established customer will he invite you to buy one of his allocations. How fair is that?

And it is no different with Fords. People had to apply to buy a GT and most people with buckets of cash were turned down. Is that fair? No doubt several of these lucky buyers will flip the GT and make boatloads of cash. What Ford should have done is hold a reverse auction and let the market determine the price. Then Ford makes the profit and not some flipper who does nothing but abuse his special access to make a quick buck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c