2018 Tailgate and Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really kind of funny to read these threads about taillights. In 2013 when the C7 Corvette came out EVERYONE ******* about the taillights yet Chevy could sell just about all they made.

Mike

OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2018 pics up on the configurator make me think the following related to 2018 changes:

B&O on center dash speaker
Shark fin style XM antenna on roof
Same tailgate with applique, but an "ECOBOOST" badge has been added to lower RH corner. Still no definition on applique delete tailgate appearance...
Unclear on configurator but appears that center (plastic mounted) ultrasonic back-up sensors are gone and just 2 outboard sensors remain?

vehicle.png

vehicle.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look closely at the revised inside back-up sensor locations (enlarge images above). Almost on top of exhaust pipe now...suspect due to errors with hitch installed...

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2018 pics up on the configurator make me think the following related to 2018 changes:

Same tailgate with applique, but an "ECOBOOST" badge has been added to lower RH corner. Still no definition on applique delete tailgate appearance...

That isn't an eco boost badge on the tailgate. It's the flex fuel badge. It is only shown in one of the rear views. I don't think that the Raptor is flex fuel capable, it's just an image generation error caused by the fact that the configurator uses the same elements from other models when rendering the image. Perfect example is the attatched pic that shows when you add power running boards to a Lariat, it overlays the fixed running board. The configurator is not accurate and uses computer generated images, hence the note "Representative exterior image shown. Actual exterior may vary. See your dealer for details."
vehicle.png

OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree on the config. accuracy

Perhaps...the sensor locations are puzzling tho....

Last edited:

Offsetz33

Reaction score
That isn't an eco boost badge on the tailgate. It's the flex fuel badge. It is only shown in one of the rear views. I don't think that the Raptor is flex fuel capable, it's just an image generation error caused by the fact that the configurator uses the same elements from other models when rendering the image. Perfect example is the attatched pic that shows when you add power running boards to a Lariat, it overlays the fixed running board. The configurator is not accurate and uses computer generated images, hence the note "Representative exterior image shown. Actual exterior may vary. See your dealer for details."
vehicle.png

It is an ecoboost badge

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5RkZJjaSOI

Attachments

• IMG_4544.JPG
    IMG_4544.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: