2018 Tailgate and Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmp

Reaction score
Another image from TFL. Still no pics of the tailgate applique.

Attachments

• 2018-ford-f150-tailgate.jpg
    2018-ford-f150-tailgate.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 119

SuperAirDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys with the applique - question...does it hold dirt? When you wash it does dirt run down from inside it after wash or is it all sealed up around the edges well?

Was just thinking that a '17 applique can probably be used on an '18 (non "F150" stamped) gate pretty easily assuming sealing is not an issue (assume adhesive tape all around perimeter acts to seal dirt /elements out?)...

17 applique will NOT work on an 18 tailgate. The 18 tailgate has a different (steeper) drop off stamping on the bottom of where the applique would lay. (Applique's will be 17/18MY specific due to shape)

Last edited:

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fergusf16 took the tour of the plant yesterday and said the raptor he saw without the applique did not have the stamped tailgate.

The only thing I wonder about that truck is if it was a leftover 17. There were prob 100 trucks in final assembly when I was there and I saw 2 17 Platinums in there, the rest were 18s. Also the only Raptor I saw without the Appliqué was Ruby Red and from others on here that's a late availability.

It is possible that was a 17 they kept for maybe QC issues or something. It did NOT have the tailgate stamp though.

madrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Ford Performance Chat who stated they have not decided on what to do with the non appliqué tailgate....Not sure how that can be the case.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I wonder about that truck is if it was a leftover 17. There were prob 100 trucks in final assembly when I was there and I saw 2 17 Platinums in there, the rest were 18s. Also the only Raptor I saw without the Appliqué was Ruby Red and from others on here that's a late availability.

It is possible that was a 17 they kept for maybe QC issues or something. It did NOT have the tailgate stamp though.

I thought the same thing but just wanted to believe that they weren't going to stamp the bed so bad.

I wonder if there will be any other members going to take the tour anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikepipe597

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is the applique tailgate

Anyone think that the pictures with the painted applique above the stamped F150 may actually be in fact the standard applique for 2018.

Would make more sense to me since the current 18 tailgate pictures show the what appears to be a molded piece the same shape as the 2017 applique...only painted. Especially since Ford is no longer charging the $450 for the applique option.

If you opt out of the applique they just remove the painted applique shown in all current 18 tailgate photos.

Thoughts?