2018 Raptor with 5.0 V8 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autoworks_FL

Reaction score
has anyone even seen a 5.0 Ecoboost leaked by Ford? I'd be happy with the 5.2 that they are putting in the GT350.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
has anyone even seen a 5.0 Ecoboost leaked by Ford? I'd be happy with the 5.2 that they are putting in the GT350.

The only thing being leaked around these parts is the wasted carbon dioxide from all the people "Who know someone high ranking at ford" telling them what's happening in 3 years when we will be in the stone age in 2 :crazy:

Mark.H

Reaction score
The only thing being leaked around these parts is the wasted carbon dioxide from all the people "Who know someone high ranking at ford" telling them what's happening in 3 years when we will be in the stone age in 2 :crazy:

You know what is funny? I've seriously got a friend who has seen what Ford has planned for the next 6 years, I think I can say on here because nobody will believe me anyway, he has no reason to lie and neither do I...

I asked him what the story was with the Raptor as I didn't want to go get a V6 if they're bringing out a V8. He told me that Ford have plans for a 5.0 V8 twin turbo, but it is planned as a 2019 model.

The 5.0 ecoboost is currently running around in the GT500 Mustang which will be released first, and it's packing 750bhp!

For me this is fine, I don't think a 750bhp Raptor will be within my Budget so I won't have any regrets with the V6.

What I don't get is why Ford would actually put 750bhp in a Raptor, at least not without waay more travel anyway, on the streets it is just going to shed rubber everywhere, and off road its going to be a recipe for disaster.

I'd rather have a V8 N/A running 550bhp to be honest.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know what is funny? I've seriously got a friend who has seen what Ford has planned for the next 6 years, I think I can say on here because nobody will believe me anyway, he has no reason to lie and neither do I...

I asked him what the story was with the Raptor as I didn't want to go get a V6 if they're bringing out a V8. He told me that Ford have plans for a 5.0 V8 twin turbo, but it is planned as a 2019 model.

The 5.0 ecoboost is currently running around in the GT500 Mustang which will be released first, and it's packing 750bhp!

For me this is fine, I don't think a 750bhp Raptor will be within my Budget so I won't have any regrets with the V6.

What I don't get is why Ford would actually put 750bhp in a Raptor, at least not without waay more travel anyway, on the streets it is just going to shed rubber everywhere, and off road its going to be a recipe for disaster.

Because manufacturer hp wars lol God bless em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If Ford really does throw a monster ttv8 into the Raptor in 2019 I think that would be hilarious just for what will happen around here.

Currently Gen 1 owners:

"These arent drag trucks so who cares if the Gen 2 has more HP/Tq"

"Suspension is more important than HP"

"No one wants turbos because they are too complicated and they get too hot."

Then a ttv8 comes out making monster power and the Gen 1 people who hate the idea of the Gen 2 will be all like:

"Im buying a Gen 3 because v8 and itll leave that small ttv6 in the dust."

"The Gen 3 is far superior to the Gen 2 because the v8 has 125 more hp and will be way faster."

I just cant wait for everything to flip, its going to be entertaining.

If Ford decides to throw a monster ttv8 into the Raptor in 2019 that would be great but dont be surprised when the price is $75k+.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Ford really does throw a monster ttv8 into the Raptor in 2019 I think that would be hilarious just for what will happen around here.

Currently Gen 1 owners:

"These arent drag trucks so who cares if the Gen 2 has more HP/Tq"

"Suspension is more important than HP"

"No one wants turbos because they are too complicated and they get too hot."

Then a ttv8 comes out making monster power and the Gen 1 people who hate the idea of the Gen 2 will be all like:

"Im buying a Gen 3 because v8 and itll leave that small ttv6 in the dust."

"The Gen 3 is far superior to the Gen 2 because the v8 has 125 more hp and will be way faster."

I just cant wait for everything to flip, its going to be entertaining.

If Ford decides to throw a monster ttv8 into the Raptor in 2019 that would be great but dont be surprised when the price is $75k+.

I think a lot of people would just love to stuff the words of the v6 nuthuggers back down their throats. I like the idea, but still, it has enough power, suspension IS more important, and I prefer a simpler design for a desert truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would prefer a normally aspirated version or a supercharger. Been in a 575hp beast and it was a blast. Don't trust a twin turbo in a dusty environment long term. It would be a heck of a lot better on the sound front than the v6 but still wouldn't be keen on the turbos. They'd also have to improve the looks of the gen2, still not really that impressed with it. Will be curious to see one in person though. Waiting on the new Bronco first if it's truly made. If not, 2019 will be just about right lol!

Mark.H

Reaction score

The 2019 will be a Gen 2 (possibly small refresh), same truck, bigger engine.

Like I say, according to my source (who has never been wrong yet about La Ferrari Spyders, Ford GT specs and all sorts of other stuff) says Ford Performance have currently slated the Raptor to share the GT500 engine and they're aiming for 750bhp output.
I'm a Gen 1 owner now and my main gripe with the V6 is the lack of noise over the 6.2 and the 10 speed gearbox, otherwise I like the updated looks, like the cabin and don't mind the switch to Aluminium.

There is no way I'd be prepared to spend what I think will be another 15-25k on a "Super Raptor" and I think that such a large power/price difference will mean that they sell in small numbers and the V6 residuals wont suffer too much by the announcement of the V8 around the end of 2017.

For me a V8 Raptor packing 750bhp should also have a roll cage and long travel suspension kit because the speed it would be capable of picking up would mean you're just going to blow through the travel so much harder and faster and you're going to easily break/bend stuff.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
The 2019 will be a Gen 2 (possibly small refresh), same truck, bigger engine.

Like I say, according to my source (who has never been wrong yet about La Ferrari Spyders, Ford GT specs and all sorts of other stuff) says Ford Performance have currently slated the Raptor to share the GT500 engine and they're aiming for 750bhp output.
I'm a Gen 1 owner now and my main gripe with the V6 is the lack of noise over the 6.2 and the 10 speed gearbox, otherwise I like the updated looks, like the cabin and don't mind the switch to Aluminium.

There is no way I'd be prepared to spend what I think will be another 15-25k on a "Super Raptor" and I think that such a large power/price difference will mean that they sell in small numbers and the V6 residuals wont suffer too much by the announcement of the V8 around the end of 2017.

For me a V8 Raptor packing 750bhp should also have a roll cage and long travel suspension kit because the speed it would be capable of picking up would mean you're just going to blow through the travel so much harder and faster and you're going to easily break/bend stuff.

Would you ask your friend when/if there will be a new Lightning?

Mark.H

Reaction score
Would you ask your friend when/if there will be a new Lightning?

Sorry, I don't really feel that comfortable interrogating a mate over stuff he shouldn't be talking about.

I think both a Bronco and F150 Lightning are long overdue a re-launch.

If they made a Bronco with Raptor Suspension and drivetrain I'd sell my soul to the Devil to get my hands on one!