2018 Order Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HellFish

Reaction score
Mine doesn't show anything despite its a DORA.. I spoke to my dealer they said that my order number could change as well.. The order number on my DORA is just a temporary number to build out the spec... Starting to feel like this is Hog Wash.. I did deposited 500 bucks anyone had the same experience?

I'm in the same boat you are in. I'm not worried. My DORA has an order number of like "A1234" - which seems pretty temporary to me. So I expect at some point in the near future the order will move forward. I'll check back with my dealer later in June.

kingrichards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat you are in. I'm not worried. My DORA has an order number of like "A1234" - which seems pretty temporary to me. So I expect at some point in the near future the order will move forward. I'll check back with my dealer later in June.

Lol mine too.. Order number 1234 lol... Yeah ill follow up mid June as well for me.

Till we both get the Vin.. Gonna have to keep watching You tube ha... Btw saw one raptor on the road today.. **** I was jealous

HellFish

Reaction score
Lol mine too.. Order number 1234 lol... Yeah ill follow up mid June as well for me.

Till we both get the Vin.. Gonna have to keep watching You tube ha... Btw saw one raptor on the road today.. **** I was jealous

Just to be accurate as possible (I ordered from Bill Utter Ford in TX) as of 5/20 they are telling me the orders are not open but I have their 3rd allocation. Based on the internet and my salesguy I'm concluding that some buyers have been told by their sales folks that "Yes your order is in" - probably to keep them from constantly bothering them. If the 2018 dates info is right and it was for 5/15 - I'm not worried until sometime after 6/15 when the orders are supposed to start being "Pulled". At some point between 5/15 and now they might have actually opened but that still really means nothing until building starts in 7/15 - again assuming the dates are all correct. Either way I'm not getting too spooled up about any of this until I hear someone has a 2018 VIN and I don't have something more believable than "A1234". Then I'll start bothering my sales guy again. Plus I have the 3rd allocation - I can't believe that is being built until the fall at the earliest.

So I'm going to enjoy the anticipation and not worry. Worst case I've been lied to and I'll make other arrangements at likely a LOWER price at some point in 2018 - and I still have my 2011 Gen 1 and no truck payments.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ABSOLUTE EARLIEST anyone will have a VIN for a 2018 MY Raptor is June 15th - that is the day "SCHEDULING" is to begin. No scheduling, no VIN.

kingrichards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to be accurate as possible (I ordered from Bill Utter Ford in TX) as of 5/20 they are telling me the orders are not open but I have their 3rd allocation. Based on the internet and my salesguy I'm concluding that some buyers have been told by their sales folks that "Yes your order is in" - probably to keep them from constantly bothering them. If the 2018 dates info is right and it was for 5/15 - I'm not worried until sometime after 6/15 when the orders are supposed to start being "Pulled". At some point between 5/15 and now they might have actually opened but that still really means nothing until building starts in 7/15 - again assuming the dates are all correct. Either way I'm not getting too spooled up about any of this until I hear someone has a 2018 VIN and I don't have something more believable than "A1234". Then I'll start bothering my sales guy again. Plus I have the 3rd allocation - I can't believe that is being built until the fall at the earliest.

So I'm going to enjoy the anticipation and not worry. Worst case I've been lied to and I'll make other arrangements at likely a LOWER price at some point in 2018 - and I still have my 2011 Gen 1 and no truck payments.

You nailed it man. I had a debate with some dude here trying to claim his order is in and being built.. What an idiot my order is same place as yours.. Meanwhile I'll go play with my Lamborghini in the mean time

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an identical thread to this last year - people demanding to see legal affidavits from Bill Ford that orders had been placed, then arguing the technicalities of what an 'order' was.

In the end, people got their trucks.

Last edited:

kingrichards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an identical thread to this last year - people demanding to see legal affidavits from Bill Ford that orders had been placed, then arguing the technicalities of what an 'order' was.

So Bill Utter Ford is legit?

HellFish

Reaction score
So Bill Utter Ford is legit?

I have gotten numerous referrals to them for MSRP 2018 Raptors from other forums and FB. My guy there is Mitch Trimmer - give him a call tell him JD from NJ sent you. I'm either driving it back from TX to NJ or having it shipped. I haven't decided.

My sources say and they have confirmed that Mitch at Bill Utter has done many out of state and out of country sales. I am comfortable with ordering from them after talking to them.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

I think that's the issue. What exactly is an order. And does it really matter if in the end, you get a truck in a reasonable timeframe?

OP
OP
S

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is the thread you need to read

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f4/ordering-system-part-i-12351/

Your order number will stay the same as it is set by the dealer for tracking

I can tell you this; I ordered 5/17, received my DORA 5/18, and confirmed 5/23 with Ford Performance that my order is in as unscheduled/clean. So the banks are open (I also confirmed this with my friend who is an owner/GM of a dealership) and orders are being placed into the system. Now when someone receives a VIN...we'll see. We have about 10 days before scheduling "starts". Whether that means VINs start to get assigned or that is when Ford will start pulling orders...again we'll see.

Back when SVT was around dealers had to pay to sell new SVT vehicles. So it cut out a lot of dealers that didn't want to deal with the "hassle" of "over bearing customers" and having to be certified for SVT vehicles. Now that every dealer can sell Ford Performance vehicles there seems to be an influx of dealers that don't know the ropes in this arena. Difficulty has ensued because of it. But access to the product has improved to many. Consumers are better informed at this level and are less willing to accept "the game" from salesmen/dealers. I don't think most Ford dealers are prepared for this, hence all the confusion. So it's a give and take.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

I think that's the issue. What exactly is an order. And does it really matter if in the end, you get a truck in a reasonable timeframe?

I think it does matter. For many, dropping $70K+ is not a small decision. The dealer should* be upfront, along with Ford. The issues with beadlocks, CF package, and ramp 59 are inexcusable because Ford kept shit hush hush.

Edit: Awesome Simpsons reference!

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

And just got word (from a friend attending the RS school) that the Raptor Assault course is being extended to '18 owners as well.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

You nailed it man. I had a debate with some dude here trying to claim his order is in and being built.. What an idiot my order is same place as yours.. Meanwhile I'll go play with my Lamborghini in the mean time

No one claimed their truck is being built at this moment. Only that their orders have been placed. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Then you come up with some nonsense about small dealers vs large dealers. It's just asinine.