2018 Order Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you guys getting DORAs? I have literally called 25 dealers around the country this week and all of them claim they have not even received allocations yet. Any leads?

You're talking to the wrong people in the dealers food chain and/or they're lying.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine - I'm first in line at a small dealer in MN. They had three allocations in 2017.

Spec: Magnetic, SCREW, 802a, twin panel moonroof, bed extender, tailgate step, beadlocks, heated seats, technology package, kept the tailgate applique. $68,995 including delivery. Inventory manager says that I'll be protected from any price increases. I'm his first order for 2018's.

Description MSRP
F150 4X4 Raptor S/CREW-145 $52,770
Equipment Group 802A $9,770
Twin Panel Moonroof $1,295
Foldable Pickup Bed Extender $250
Tailgate Step $375
17" Forged Aluminum Wheels $1,165
Raptor Technology Package $1,950
Second Row Heated Seats $125
Destination & Delivery $1,295
Total $68,995

That's $295 more than the current 2017 MSRP on the "Build your own" site.

Waiting on allocation now.

Allocation is in. Just got the word from the Inventory Manager at the Ford dealership that he just received the allocation for my truck. He confirmed with the Ford Rep that my truck will be built in July and hopefully delivered in August. He said that he'll have a VIN for me soon. Excited!

PS. Of course as Mr. Thump says below...talk is cheap. I'll update as the process unwinds. We'll see if Jul/Aug build/ship becomes reality.

Last edited:

jwvdds02

Reaction score
Allocation is in. Just got the word from the Inventory Manager at the Ford dealership that he just received the allocation for my truck. He confirmed with the Ford Rep that my truck will be built in July and hopefully delivered in August. He said that he'll have a VIN for me soon. Excited!

Dude that's so awesome.
I've called dealerships throughout the Midwest and no one is even taking orders. It's so confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Order Banks are open..... I just got my DORA in hand yesterday for my 18'....

What part of the country did you order from? I keep getting the run around. Also was it MSRP?

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordred in a small town in CA. I paid $1,000 over MSRP. But in CA thats like striking Gold.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They don't start scheduling the 2018 builds until 6/15. I wouldn't believe that information just yet.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude that's so awesome.
I've called dealerships throughout the Midwest and no one is even taking orders. It's so confusing.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

What part of the country did you order from? I keep getting the run around. Also was it MSRP?

Mine is from a small dealer in MN with very few allocations...likely only three for 2018.

My suggestion to you is to speak to an inventory manager and not to a sales person or even a sales manager. The IM is the one who actually places the orders, talks to the Ford rep, and gets the allocations. The sales guys are focused on today only. The inventory manager has a longer view.

OP
OP
S

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't start scheduling the 2018 builds until 6/15. I wouldn't believe that information just yet.

I feel like I've seen it before...but where did you get that info?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

PS. Of course as Mr. Thump says below...talk is cheap. I'll update as the process unwinds. We'll see if Jul/Aug build/ship becomes reality.

Here's to rooting for your dealer being truthful! Ruby Red is the color I want, but it being "late availability" scares me. Beadlocks and CF weren't listed as such on the order guide...so hopefully that fiasco is all worked out.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I've seen it before...but where did you get that info?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Here's to rooting for your dealer being truthful! Ruby Red is the color I want, but it being "late availability" scares me. Beadlocks and CF weren't listed as such on the order guide...so hopefully that fiasco is all worked out.

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-ford.html

This is where all the dates are listed.

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, was able to receive my DORA today for a 2018. Dealer is in the south. PM me if you would like the contact info.