GEN 2 2018 F150 Raptor SCrew. PURCHASED, but with a twist..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElRaptor

Reaction score
So, a week or two ago I gave a deposit (nothing signed) to a local dealership here in Orange County, CA to order a 800A Oxford White 2018 Raptor *zero options*. Like all Southern California Ford dealerships, this one also wanted a markup over MSRP ($5,000 to be exact).

Long story short the dealership gave me a delivery date ETA of 8-10 weeks after giving the deposit. In that waiting time I went ahead and started looking at dealerships and Raptors for sale as far out as Kentucky.

When suddenly one day I finally found a 2018 800A Oxford White SuperCrew Raptor on AutoTrader (EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED) at Andy Mohr Ford in Plainfield, Indiana.
*this one had a spray in bedliner and tail gate step as the only two options*

So, I went to my local Ford Dealership, after having spoken to Andy Mohr Ford on the phone, and got my full deposit returned.
I gave my deposit to Andy Mohr Ford (so they would hold the Raptor), and they overnighted me the purchase order, and I overnighted it right back with signatures along with payment in full from my credit union.

The truck was shipped to me on Friday and is currently in transit with an ETA of this Wednesday.

- Purchased my Raptor for a few hundred dollars UNDER MSRP (vs. the $5,000 So.Cal. markup over), saved thousands for a truck with some options, and get it now instead of several weeks later.

All in all I am satisfied.
Will post photos upon its arrival later in the week!

PS. Anyone from CA know how much registration will be on a new Raptor? (Paid the Orange County, CA Sales Tax rate already to Andy Mohr Ford). I’m new to this process since I’ve never purchased a new vehicle from out of state.

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did an estimate on the DMV web site and it came out to around $1,000, but that's a $69,585 purchase price. Purchase price plays a big part in the equation. Another big reason to not pay stupid markups. You also have to smog it and get it weighed by a certified scale. Mine weighed 5,780lb, very little fuel and with spare tire.

I have DMV appointment on the 30th, I can get exact numbers then.

Last edited:

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome! glad you didn't pay the stupid ca markup.

i picked mine up from Mississippi back in February, paid $66,851, sticker was $70,800, registration fees were $905, mine weighed in at 6160lb's.

schedule the earliest dmv appointment, i spent 5 hours at the dmv, luckily it was my day off lol. congrats on the truck, you're gonna love it.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score.

A dealer here in Texas quoted me $15k over sticker a couple months ago.
I went there to look at the options, but ordered mine through their sister location with whom I’m friends with the managing partner. He was in shock when I told him. One of those he had to ask me twice to make sure he heard it correctly. Thank God for honest dealers.
It should be here 5/8.

OP
OP
ElRaptor

ElRaptor

Reaction score
I’m assuming you made sure the truck is Cali legal?

All 2018’s are “Cali Legal”. The sticker under the hood is what the DMV goes and looks for.

Post a photo of a 2018 with the underhood sticker that doesn’t have the CA emissions sticker.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/california-residents-buying-out-state-ca-emissions-57550/index2.html

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
All new raptors are Cail legal. I'm not sure why there is even an option for the Ca package as it is the same truck...

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All new raptors are Cail legal. I'm not sure why there is even an option for the Ca package as it is the same truck...

The difference is in the paperwork. While the under-hood sticker works in Cali with a couple of extra steps, some states that piggyback on Cali emission regulations require the paperwork endorsement too. Those buyers need the Cali compliant version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gore