2017 Raptor Boost (PSI) and boost gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only your opinion meant anything. I've owned and built plenty of boosted cars, so I couldn't give a sh*t less what you think of the validity of my comment. Happy trails fella

So most boosted cars dont get or need a boost gauge, and if something goes wrong with the blower, turbo or piping you get a CEL and that is enough to negate the need for a boost gauge.

Lol, ok. I hope they remove the boost gauge from the next GT500, hellcat, GTR and Raptor and we can use a CEL to help measure performance.

20psirabbit

Reaction score
I never said you don't need one. I replied to the OP about it possibly not having one all marked up. You must enjoy hearing yourself talk, keep on trying lol
If you're going to mod the car sure, put one in so you can feel like you're a race car driver. Most people wouldn't be able to see a minute leak on a gauge befor the management on these vehicles sees it.
Yours is the worst comment, but I look forward to watching you one-up it. You can do it!

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like sometimes my truck shows the boost gauge and sometimes it shows the transmission (i think that's it) temp. I know where to change it. Does it default to one or the other. Can't figure it out. I swear it just shows one or the other sometimes... I want the boost to be the one displayed always.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like sometimes my truck shows the boost gauge and sometimes it shows the transmission (i think that's it) temp. I know where to change it. Does it default to one or the other. Can't figure it out. I swear it just shows one or the other sometimes... I want the boost to be the one displayed always.

Mine stays on boost once set to boost. Has never reverted back to transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine stays on boost once set to boost. Has never reverted back to transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I had this problem :) I have an 801A and dont get a gauge because my package doesn't have digital gauges.

Has anyone seen a hardware boost gauge install and mounted in a 2017 Raptor yet? I know it happened on older Ecoboost and 2014 Roush modified trucks and even 2015 - 2016 EB. Has anyone seen a good looking POD mounted gauge on a 2017 Raptor yet? Is anyone making a working vent POD or pillar mounted POD for gauges yet?

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I had this problem :) I have an 801A and dont get a gauge because my package doesn't have digital gauges.

Has anyone seen a hardware boost gauge install and mounted in a 2017 Raptor yet? I know it happened on older Ecoboost and 2014 Roush modified trucks and even 2015 - 2016 EB. Has anyone seen a good looking POD mounted gauge on a 2017 Raptor yet? Is anyone making a working vent POD or pillar mounted POD for gauges yet?

There is something called a "Search" tab in the menu options on top of this site. Clicking on it does something magical when you type in "'boost' and 'gauge'"...

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f263...tched-12v-well-boost-gauge-53418/#post1131678

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the most part I'd say it's pretty rare for cars to have a boost gauge oem. It happens here and there, but most I've been in don't have any sort of numbered informational boost reference. I think at this point in the game the boost systems have all been tested to make sure the piping will stay together and whatnot, if they fail you'll get a CEL and go from there.

Actually a mechanical boost gauge can be incredibly helpful when diagnosing boost issues. I have a 2.5 LGT that had boost issues and it doesnt have a boost gauge and didnt throw any CELS when it happened.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually a mechanical boost gauge can be incredibly helpful when diagnosing boost issues. I have a 2.5 LGT that had boost issues and it doesnt have a boost gauge and didnt throw any CELS when it happened.

I had the same thing happen with my STI.