2017 Ford Raptor vs 2014 Shelby Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's saying that your whipple 6.2 is gonna need a stroke. We'll slap tuners on these little 3.5's and be pushing right there with the whipple but with less weight and a 10 speed. Its pretty simple really

That is NOT what I said, am saying nor implying.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe they have, at least they haven't mentioned it here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying.

Some people on here are really lacking any common sense.

I don't think that is necessarily a common sense issue, just a matter of hearing what you want. I like hearing a v8 option will be offered, even though I won't buy it, but there is no factual basis.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying.

Some people on here are really lacking any common sense.

You sir can go to hell. Feel free to read how the original post was worded and then reflect upon your common sense in this comment.

God there are a ton of asshats in this place, possibly the worst I have ever seen

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You sir can go to hell. Feel free to read how the original post was worded and then reflect upon your common sense in this comment.

God there are a ton of asshats in this place, possibly the worst I have ever seen

In all fairness I knew you were interpreting it wrong immediately, but it was worded oddly.

Reaction score

ADD based on their shelby vs their 2017 pre-production trucks.

Note that it was a Shelby, and not necessairly ANY blown 6.2. You can get a 6.2 to put out quite a bit more power than comes standard on the Shelby.

That being said, it's still impressive.

If it was anyone other than a bumper company I may believe them, but until Livernois, JDM, Roush, or Rasco tell me a stock 17 rap can beat a whippled 6.2 I can't/won't believe it. So alas I will wait until I see it myself, but I will not hold my breath.

Our Shelby is heavy. 500+ lbs of bed cage, toolbox, tools, 2 spares, floor jack, etc. Also has a 4" Currie in the rear, etc. Strong, but heavy. Id say the 17 SCAB we were comparing it to is probably 1000 lbs lighter (500 from aluminum body, 500 from the tools, etc in the shelby). With that being said, you will just have to see for yourselves & have your own opinions on the speed/power of the Gen 2. We dont have to try & convince anyone to buy a Raptor just so maybe they will buy our bumpers. Ford is going to sell tons of Raptors whether ADD is around or not.