2013 F150 Headlights listed on fordparts.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UniqueOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing too I forgot to mention through this whole process:
I thought it would be available by now but it is on backorder by Ford. The retainer that holds the bulb in the headlight cannot be had.

I attached a picture of a retainer I made for both my retros. Worked perfect. Just took a piece of strapping, bent it to the shape of the bulb, drilled 2 holes for the screws and installed. I insulated the inside of the strapping with some tape/glue/sticky stuff/foam insulation for vibration.

Evidently through what I have heard from others via pms, the ballast to bulb cable is also on backorder through Ford. If you read my post with the ebay link, I reference ballasts that come with that cable. I just had to modify the end of the cable where it plugged into the bulb from a 90 degree angle to more like a 45 degree angle where it wouldnt rub the projector.

Just thought that was worth mentioning.

What is the part number of the retainer? I don't think it is in your part list yet. Please advise.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the part number of the retainer? I don't think it is in your part list yet. Please advise.

That I dont have the part number for because it wasn't available when I ordered. You can go to fordparts.com and punch up a 2013 F150 with HIDs and get a blow up diagram of all the parts. It will give you the base number to call your dealer with. Its only the "base" number though - not the complete part number.

I checked yesterday and it was still on backorder with no ETA. I built retainers for both of my retros and its is going to be permanant for me-worked perfect.

You can click chat online and ask the rep for the part number. That is how I found out the part numbers for the headlights so early on. Some reps are unwilling to help and others are nice as they can be. If they dont help, just play CSR Roulette.

_______

For some reason I was updating some photos and some of my info got deleted:

Important highlights:

Connectors that plug into the 4 pin connector on 2013 HIDS = Motorcraft WPT-925 $29 ea at Dealer
What wire does what on new headlamps:
Black = ground
Blue = high beam / projector signal.
Orange = Constant power / 20 amp fused circuit direct to battery HOT AT ALL TIMES
Green = low beam / ballast signal.

*** It is very important that you run a wire directly to the battery for a constant hot power supply for each ballast. I have seen some people just using the hot wire on the H13 bixenon harness to power both the orange and green wire for the ballasts. According to Ford wiring diagrams, for proper power requirements the ballast must have one "Hot at all times" feed and one low beam signal (hot when bulb usage is required).
______

Another update: Just noticed Rockauto has the connectors for $17.XX ea. You can buy the H13 harness from TRS off of ebay for cheaper than their website also.

Last edited:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hosse- does it look like us retro guys can unbolt the projector from the backside without having to un-seal the lights via microwave? A simple FXR upgrade is $140 and that'll solve requiring all these added parts for the holder, special bulb, ect.... IF it's an easy task.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hosse- does it look like us retro guys can unbolt the projector from the backside without having to un-seal the lights via microwave? A simple FXR upgrade is $140 and that'll solve requiring all these added parts for the holder, special bulb, ect.... IF it's an easy task.

I don't think so, the access hole is just too small.

ogar67

Reaction score
Thanks to hosseface for helping all of us out with this mod :party28:
Below are a few shots I took tonight... I'll take better pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to hosseface for helping all of us out with this mod :party28:
Below are a few shots I took tonight... I'll take better pictures tomorrow.
Looks awesome man! Rocking the beadlocks too!

You must have an AWESOME friend to hook you up with those complete headlights and I can only imagine the beadlocks too! lol

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Yes I have a set ordered, will be here Friday. Hosse was right, for now they are not coming with anything but the headlight shell so for this set I have to source each component separately which is a PITA and very expensive, as hosse has cover very well in this thread... thank you.

My supplier can order all the rest of the OEM components on Oct 1st. Shortly after then I will have a complete package for everyone in the $1200-$1400 price range.

Sorry guys but if you want a plug and play package you will just have to be patient. These heads were just released last week and its going to take a few weeks for the remaining oem products to trickle out. For some reason Ford is not letting us buy all the components right now. They are making it very difficult for 2009-2012 halogen guys to upgrade, maybe it has to do with manufacturing and all the components are going into production trucks right now.

Did you get your lights yet Ducati?

If so, I was curious to see what you thought about them and what you had in mind to offer everyone. Ive had lots of pms - Theres a bunch of FRF members wanting to buy a PNP set of these.

ogar67

Reaction score
Looks awesome man! Rocking the beadlocks too!

You must have an AWESOME friend to hook you up with those complete headlights and I can only imagine the beadlocks too! lol

Great Friend...But after I sold my 2012 rims I'm into both the 2013 Beadlock rims & HID lights for about $1100... I don't think that too bad for the 2 best upgrades of 2013 Raptor without the Ford My Touch.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Friend...But after I sold my 2012 rims I'm into both the 2013 Beadlock rims & HID lights for about $1100... I don't think that too bad for the 2 best upgrades of 2013 Raptor without the Ford My Touch.

Nope. I'd say average upgrade price for most would be $3000.

Your truck is the first screw (real truck) Ive seen with the beadlocks and I'll have to say they look mean. I like the aggressive look.

I think that black would look pretty sweet on my white Raptor. Your truck looks sweet!