2013 20,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm coming up on 20k miles and would like to know if there is anything I should be doing by this point. Only thing I have done is oil changes every 3k and tire rotations.

50,000 is first scheduled maintenance and is replacing air filters in the seats so your farts don't stink when heated or cooled. The first real maintenance is 150,000. Actually IIRC 100,000 is flushing fluids. Should be in the manual.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/10f12rp1e.pdf
Page 30

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm coming up on 20k miles and would like to know if there is anything I should be doing by this point. Only thing I have done is oil changes every 3k and tire rotations.
are you doing the service? or is the dealer? if you are doing it, then i would follow the service guidelines. if the dealer is doing it, let them worry about it

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm rather surprised by how little maintenance these trucks need. I change my oil every 5,000 miles and air filter every 15,000 miles. Makes me happy to see that I don't need to change the ATF/T-Case Fluid until 60,000 miles and coolant at 105,000 miles. The only maintenance item listed without a scheduled interval is the brake fluid so I'll just have to keep an eye on that.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'm rather surprised by how little maintenance these trucks need. I change my oil every 5,000 miles and air filter every 15,000 miles. Makes me happy to see that I don't need to change the ATF/T-Case Fluid until 60,000 miles and coolant at 105,000 miles. The only maintenance item listed without a scheduled interval is the brake fluid so I'll just have to keep an eye on that.

Never go by factory guidelines. These recommendations are made under "perfect" conditions. If you're using the truck to 25% of what it's designed for, do things early and proactive versus reactive.