2010 Raptor Off Road and AdvanceTrac Modes Explained

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could make some extra income via the Youtube video page hits and pick up that 6.2 you secretly long for.

I've already got 8.0 why would I "secretly long for" 6.2 :mrgreen: You need to get out and almost flip your Raptor again.

When did you put an old Viper engine in your truck?

<GGG> Now kids...

Falcon

By the way, RSC is part of AdvanceTrak... it is the Ford 'big Idea' component of Electronic Traction Control. This system, which incidentally spawned over 100 Ford patents, takes 'normal' electronic stability control system... which consists of circuitry designed to control yaw (or spin-out), Traction Control (when the system detects a loss of traction, it reduces engine power - and selectively applies brake force to the slipping wheel while simultaneously transferring power to the opposite wheel) and ABS... and augments it with Ford's exclusive Roll Stability Control. The RSC adds another 'channel' if you will - to a two axis gyroscopic controlled rate acceleration circuit. This new sensor senses the body Roll Angle and Roll Axis Rate. This is summed with the AdvanceTrak gyroscopically sensed Yaw Axis input. The magical thing is how they wrote software to account for the additional axis - and wrote control logic to manage the variables of engine speed, selective braking and power application to each wheel.

Amazing stuff... and overkill in the dirt. I love how the Raptor is set up to selectively override these nannies. Hats off to Jason and all for trying to make it more intuitive.

web122077

Reaction score
The list is good... except that I think there is another level of traction control that occurs in off road mode... The Ford guys at the Roundup said Off Road mode changed a lot of little things in off roan mode including air bag sensitivity and my impression was "one press" or "press and hold" desensitized the nannies even more in off road than in street mode.

Any truth to this? Has anyone verified?

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear locker question

Today I engaged the rear locker. I noticed that a green "X" on my insterment panel lit up. But when I hit 30 mph the green turned off and came back on at 20 mph. Is this normal