2010 Raptor Forum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You like that huh? Greg and I have had lengthy discussions on how 2010 is by far the best year.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do not see 2010's having half the issues that later models have.. All the foo foo extras are nice, but for reliablility 2010 are the best..

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea you're right Greg th 2010 was the best year it's like the original raptor it's got class lol

Well more than that, ours are the only year you can change your gearing in (unless that's changed) , you had the two different engine options, no torsen, no screws, manual shifting 1-3 for a sportier truck and better off-roadability, cooler gauge cluster, no precum muffler, overall simpler setup...

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.2 in my 2010, but I'd think there would be more aftermarket support for the 5.4 since it is basically a long stroke version of the 4.6 Mustang mod motor. I also didn't know all of differences between the 2010 and later models. Is there another thread that had more information?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.2 guys, does it feel like these 5.4 guys are always tryin to convince us that their trucks are worthy? I mean , we don't always post up about our trucks being better (they are), but 5.4 guys feel its necessary to tell us theirs are. No , no , you guys are right , the 5.4 was so fantastic, that Ford discontinued it.

However I would still take a 2010 5.4, or 6.2 over any other year Raptor. 2010 is by far the best year!!

Of course not, Superbowl Champs don't have to convince themselves, they're a good team.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a thread" Raptor changes year by year " I think, but a lot of stuff isn't in there, its more superficial stuff. There are several more differences between 10s and the rest, trying to think. Overall WAY less issues in 10s. But this is strictly speaking from a guy who modifies Raptors.

Last edited:

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
2010 started it all

Any way you look at it the 2010 started it all! Everyone else followed our very intelligent lead buying the best truck off the assembly line in the world! If it wasn't for us making the Raptors first year so successful there might not have been a 2011, 2012 or 2013 so you newer year guys just keep thanking us good'ol 2010 guys!