1st oil change ends in disaster!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ouch!

At least it happened at the dealership I guess vs some quick change place.

Phill Pollard

Reaction score
so i have 4871 on the clock and figure it is time to get the oil changed (i purchased the maintenance plan). i tell the tech im real **** about my truck. he promises me he will take care of it. he evens comes out and ask's me if i want him to send it thru the car wash. i told him no. now the good part!!!!! he is backing it out and he backs in to another f 150. all it did was push my bumper in and scratch the paint a little but it is just the point of it all.

I've done worse. Having been 'in the field' for most of my adult life I can sympathize with the Tech.

I damn near ripped the drivers doors off of two different vehicles, on two different occasions. Once when backing a GMC Jimmy up out of the stall with a slightly open door (it caught on the bay door jamb!) and once on a E-150 Van (wide open door, going up on a lift, door caught a overhang on the wall next to the bay!).

And I'm a VERY meticulous Tech. The only excuse I can make is that it was early on in my career and a lesson well learned...CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR!

Point being, it could'a been worse.

The worst part about it for me was, my boss made ME call the customer and tell them I fugged up. When I called the guy in the van to say it's done he says, "What's the damage"....<GULP!>

Phill Pollard

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is kinda funny because I took my other car to a dealer and when the tech was. Oming thought the garage the over head door slammed onto the hood of my car right in front of me. I couldn't believe what just happened. When I asked the
Manager he said the door does that 3 times a month.