15-20-37 theorycrafting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a package idea in mind and I wanted to start a discussion on it for the pros and cons and find out things I'm not aware of. The idea stems from the 15 inch big brake kit for the front wheels that would force 20 inch rims, and to compensate for the loss of an inch and a half of tire top and bottom of the rim, adding 37 inch tires to gain back two-thirds of that loss.

A couple of points that I want to make it clear I'm aware of already: I did speak with one of the guys at RPG who told me he drove a Raptor with the big brake kit on it, and it didn't make much of a difference, at least not enough of a difference that he felt it was a good mod. I'm also aware that it's possible to upgrade the stock 14 inch brakes to have more stopping power with pads and rotors being changed out. Got it. I'm not looking to be talked out of the big brake kit. I'm looking for a dicussion on if this 15-20-37 theory is solid, and if not, why not. I'm also aware getting 37's would include a new set of the fiberglass fenders made for that specific reason.

Another concern I would have is how much does having 37 inch tires knock the speedometer out of reality and by how much?

Thanks in advance for chiming in, guys.