Eric's Big Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only issue with notching the frame is you either lose the bed all together and run aftermarket bedsides or you tub out the wheel well to accomodate for the added uptravel. I wanted to keep my bed intact but found out it was a no go unfortunately. So what's more important... bed or uptravel. I say uptravel!

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If nobody is worried about chopping up the frame, I have an idea that can still utilize the bed and also take care of the wheel wells. I'm surprised I haven't seen my idea be done yet. I'm not an engineer by any means. Im just young dumb and full of ...shit. But I do have some good ideas.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna link my 3.5's to my existing chase assembly. I still use the bed to carry tools, tires and such at the races, so I'd rather keep everything as is, if possible. Gonna be a fun year of testing!

Pic 2.jpg

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you were to do rear bed cage suspension. Would you want it low and out of the way or high and flashy so everyone could see that you are rocking a rear bed cage?

-Jeff

Suddenly Jermy Clarkson's voice spoke to me. "GET OUT OF THE WAAAAAAY!"

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I think I'm gonna link my 3.5's to my existing chase assembly. I still use the bed to carry tools, tires and such at the races, so I'd rather keep everything as is, if possible. Gonna be a fun year of testing!

View attachment 20807

I really like that case rack. 80% of what I have been wanting to build for myself.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please forgive the crappy ppt design, but this is what I was thinking for my needs. I want to keep as much space between the wheel wells as possible.

Thought 1 was to share the fore aft loads to the back of the truck by running a bar along the inside the the truck. This could then be used for more goodie attachments later. Or moving the angle tube to the other side, and building some tubing that hugs right over the wheel well (not shown) and attach the angled tube there. This would free up a few inches of bed space.

Attachments

• bed rack.jpg
    bed rack.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please forgive the crappy ppt design, but this is what I was thinking for my needs. I want to keep as much space between the wheel wells as possible.

Thought 1 was to share the fore aft loads to the back of the truck by running a bar along the inside the the truck. This could then be used for more goodie attachments later. Or moving the angle tube to the other side, and building some tubing that hugs right over the wheel well (not shown) and attach the angled tube there. This would free up a few inches of bed space.

Good mock up Carl, we will definitely keep this in mind, we could also consider custom applications if one were to desire it enough!

-Jeff