WTF No fog lights and what is that wiring harness???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me stupid but I just noticed the openings on the front bumper with no fog lights. I found a wiring harness on the drivers side hanging down in that hole. It's about 1/2" white square connector. Anyone know what it belongs to???

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call me stupid but I just noticed the openings on the front bumper with no fog lights. I found a wiring harness on the drivers side hanging down in that hole. It's about 1/2" white square connector. Anyone know what it belongs to???

Does your rig have an engine block heater?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011, and I'm pretty certain there's no wires hanging down on mine.

It's a pet peave of mine that a $42K+ premium sport truck can't be had with fog lights, not even as an option. Hell, you can get factory fog lights on a just about anything now. Maybe the SVT boys thought that we'd want to choose our own lighting and leave the 4 upfitter switches unused so we could roll our own.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's a pet peave of mine that a $42K+ premium sport truck can't be had with fog lights, not even as an option. Hell, you can get factory fog lights on a just about anything now. Maybe the SVT boys thought that we'd want to choose our own lighting and leave the 4 upfitter switches unused so we could roll our own.

I believe that was the reasoning behind it, SVT didn't put any fogs on the truck so guys could decide on their own what they wanted to do. I agree an option to get them would have been nice. I wish they ran wires for them but left them capped off. I'd prefer to just pull the headlight knob to turn fogs on rather than flip an upfitter switch.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score

Fog lights suck anyways.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think fog lights really do much, my M3 doesn't have them either and I don't miss them. I would rather put Aux lights in the bumper/grill.

OP
OP
TRAPTOR

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

After further looking I found the small front corner marker light was never connected. Clipped it in and good as new. Oh shit it is new...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter