Weight Distribution and Sway Control Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportman

Reaction score
What will be the suitable Weight Distribution and Sway Control for the below trailer

Jayco Octane FLOORPLAN T29A

Weights
Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs) 7,580
Dry Hitch Weight (lbs) 1,170
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (lbs) 11,950
Cargo Carrying Capacity (lbs) 4,370

pls. also list best purchase price online shop that I can order it directly

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.. I know we covered this a bit but the max towing capacity of the Raptor is listed at 8000lbs. That trailer is nearly 12000lbs max. It is only 420lbs under the Raptors max dry and unloaded. I think you are asking too much from a truck that wasn't really meant to be a heavy hauler. Sorry, just my opinion.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Prybar said. If you need to tow that heavy every once in awhile, find a friend with a Superduty. If you need to tow that often, get a Superduty.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just because your trailer can haul that much don't mean that is your plan so what are you going to be hauling. jayco makes a nice trailer if you plan on hauling sleds and 4wheelers it's a bit over kill you will only have the capability of hauling 500lb.
their is know doubt the truck can do it just not safely at speed. I have hauled a skid steer with no problems but didn't drive over 50mph and only had a few miles to go.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

2746-img-0162.jpg

OP
OP
sportman

sportman

Reaction score
So guys here had tow 10,000 lb by their Raptor with Weight Distribution and Sway Control. I’m planning to trend my 2500HD Ram to get a Raptor...the reason is that Raptor is more fun to drive in sand...and the limitation of towing capacity is worriing me though many guys had towed heavy loads and said it can hold it..only limitation is the rear suspension...and with weight distributor it should be fine do you think i am take it to its limits???? the F150 tow 11,000 lb so I believe with the same chassis and same engine Raptor can tow 10,000 easily that's my though ...do you support it

which Weight Distribution Systems will be the best for me

Pro Series Trunnion Style Weight Distribution Systems (shank sold seperately)
Part No. Tongue Wt. Gross Trailer Wt.
RP66152 600 lbs 10,000 lbs
RP66154 800 lbs 10,000 lbs
RP66156 1,200 lbs 12,000 lbs
RP66157 1,500 lbs 15,000 lbs

web link:
http://www.etrailer.com/faq-weightdistribution.aspx

Last edited:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
No I don't support it. But if you think it will work ?
RPG has a neat little deal with the air bumps for the rear of the Raptor where you could put a Frame support kit (something you will need towing that much) and 2.5 Fox air bumps for when you get to the dunes, and longer air bumps for towing all your stuff out there. Check out their vendor section, pretty cool stuff

OP
OP
sportman

sportman

Reaction score
No I don't support it. But if you think it will work ?
RPG has a neat little deal with the air bumps for the rear of the Raptor where you could put a Frame support kit (something you will need towing that much) and 2.5 Fox air bumps for when you get to the dunes, and longer air bumps for towing all your stuff out there. Check out their vendor section, pretty cool stuff

sorry I'm new to this forum where I can find RPG stuff? vendor section...list is it under raptor sales?