Torn CV Boots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PGLMike

Reaction score
I decided to get the SDHQ CV Boot Kit and rebuild rather than buying complete replacements. I called a few shops here in San Diego and decided to drop off the axles at Pro Gear and have them change the boots. Didn't fell like really having to clean up CV grease after all.

I dropped off both driver and passenger sides and the guys at Pro Gear had the boots replaced in a couple hours. They only charged $45 a side, which I thought was a great deal. Figured I would share this in case anyone is on the fence about rebuilding or buying new. My hope was that the SDHQ material was better than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PGLMike

PGLMike

Reaction score
So far so good. No issues during the install and I will know more after the Baja 1000. Doing some pit and chase work.
Jason, I am glad you chimed in. I did call the shop with a couple questions and was put on the phone with a tech who gave me a few pointers for removing the axles. Great customer service and very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk