Tie Rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm using the wrong words to describe it. I didn't think I would notice a difference. And I can say I didn't notice when I first put them on.

But after putting some miles on the truck and taking the back roads to work I started to learn how the truck responded. Once the stock rods where back on, I noticed a difference on the same roads.

Maybe I had the windows down, or the cooled seats on, hahahaaa

Joe

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have had a couple stock tie rods bend on us. I have to see one break but bend, oh yeah. The upgraded tie rod is a good upgrade to those who drive their trucks off road.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm using the wrong words to describe it. I didn't think I would notice a difference. And I can say I didn't notice when I first put them on.

But after putting some miles on the truck and taking the back roads to work I started to learn how the truck responded. Once the stock rods where back on, I noticed a difference on the same roads.

Maybe I had the windows down, or the cooled seats on, hahahaaa

Joe

Its just road inputs you feel... The stock ones use a different joint than the aftermarkets... What you get is a bit quicker responses from the road and your inputs to the wheel...
and really when you buy this aftermarkets stuff you are suppose to have this feeling right...

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The coment I get most from people who go with our Tie-Rods is how much different it feels on the street. This is most common from guys who have some miles on their truck but most feel the directness in steering right away. Obviously you will get the bennefits of greater strenght over OE rods, but honestly I just like the way it drives compared to stock.
You loose a lot of the slop that is associated with the OE rods and lets not forget they look dam pretty from the front of the truck.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I let customers drive my truck to feel the difference all the time. The tierods tighten things up big time and if you combine the upper control arms along with the tierods it is a night and day difference- feels like a race car. The stock tie rods wear out quick, this is a great way to go for peice of mind and offroad capability

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see how aftermarket tie rods may have s "tighter" feel to them. Different mounting methods and possibly less flex. I'm just surprised that there are not more stories of damaged stock tie rods. I'm sure I will upgrade at some point, I'm just trying to prioritize my upgrades.

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe tie-rods for these trucks cost so much. There's very little involved in them if you can get access to a mill. When I priced out doing it for my truck (I haven't got around to it yet) I think I was under $100 in materials.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I honestly can't believe tie-rods for these trucks cost so much. There's very little involved in them if you can get access to a mill. When I priced out doing it for my truck (I haven't got around to it yet) I think I was under $100 in materials.

well raptor tax is like 700% it seems:emotions122:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Aidan, If you factor in needing a 4 axis CNC, proper heims like FK, machined center pins with heat treat, machining individual mis-alignments, polishing, laser etching and annodizing plus product liability insurance the cost is way more than $100

For example our Tie-rods for the Raptor are less than a company like Ready Lift charges for a chevy

http://www.readylift.com/c-442-chevy-silverado-1500-2007-2012-heavy-duty-steering-kit.aspx and we use far better materials.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the ultimate DIY'r and if you feel comfortable doing all the above I say go for it. They make the truck drive so much better.

Last edited:

M1919A2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aidan, If you factor in needing a 4 axis CNC, proper heims like FK, machined center pins with heat treat, machining individual mis-alignments, polishing, laser etching and annodizing plus product liability insurance the cost is way more than $100

For example our Tie-rods for the Raptor are less than a company like Ready Lift charges for a chevy

Readylift Chevy Silverado Steering Kit and we use far better materials.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the ultimate DIY'r and if you feel comfortable doing all the above I say go for it. They make the truck drive so much better.

Like you attitude and your products!!!!!!!!!!