Tell me why a 4 inch suspension lift is bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kytann

Reaction score
35703d1382343368t-tell-me-why-4-inch-suspension-lift-bad-image.jpg

It has that F250, F350 look to it. Better than a body lift!:smoke2:

It does. I hadn't made that connection before

kman54

Reaction score
I posted pics and info on here cuz everyone was hating on lifting a raptor. The fabtech 4" lift uses all the same suspension, nothing is replaced and no new shocks are needed. The ride quality is the same as stock, this just allows you to fit the 37s on with no issues. Now, the one thing I did that hardcore off-roaders will hate is I went with 20x12 wheels on 37/13.5 toyo MT, mainly for the look as I don't do anything hard core and what I will do most often is go to the dunes and the wider tire will actually give me better traction in sand (not that it mattered to me anyhow, I did it just for looks). I had to do some trimming because they are wide and rubbed at full turn when u hit a bump, but if you just went with your normal methods 18x9 or even 20x10, you would have no prob and prob would not need any trimming. Gas mileage I lost about 3mpg. I have a whipple supercharger on here so I can't really notice a huge loss n power, but there is def a loss in both power and gas. I will try any take some pics of it flexin and post on here when I get them. So far I love the 4" lift and think its perfect for the raptor on 37's. But to each their own

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck looks good. I'm sure the wider stance your wheels provides offsets the higher center of gravity.

Thanks for being brave enough to share.

Kytann

Reaction score
I posted pics and info on here cuz everyone was hating on lifting a raptor. The fabtech 4" lift uses all the same suspension, nothing is replaced and no new shocks are needed. The ride quality is the same as stock, this just allows you to fit the 37s on with no issues. Now, the one thing I did that hardcore off-roaders will hate is I went with 20x12 wheels on 37/13.5 toyo MT, mainly for the look as I don't do anything hard core and what I will do most often is go to the dunes and the wider tire will actually give me better traction in sand (not that it mattered to me anyhow, I did it just for looks). I had to do some trimming because they are wide and rubbed at full turn when u hit a bump, but if you just went with your normal methods 18x9 or even 20x10, you would have no prob and prob would not need any trimming. Gas mileage I lost about 3mpg. I have a whipple supercharger on here so I can't really notice a huge loss n power, but there is def a loss in both power and gas. I will try any take some pics of it flexin and post on here when I get them. So far I love the 4" lift and think its perfect for the raptor on 37's. But to each their own

Yes, thanks for being brave enough to share it on here.

They are 37's huh? They look right on that truck.
As to your MPG loss, unless you have reprogrammed your computer for the larger tire sizes than you are not getting as large of a hit as you think. The larger tire size will cause you to travel farther for each rotation of the wheel, so your speedomoter, odometeter, and MPG calculator will be off, all by the same percentage.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I posted pics and info on here cuz everyone was hating on lifting a raptor.
I am glad that you did. Would you mind taking some pictures that show the front suspension? I have been curious as to how they modified the shock connection points (my initial guess was a spacer at the top somewhere).

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I might have missed it since it's been awhile since I read through the entire thread, but wouldn't it change the COG more than just top perch? Top perch only lifts the front of the truck 3-3.5" whereas this Fabtech kit lifts it 4" all the way around. So when you just lift with the Top Perch, you COG should technically be a little lower and possibly further back by a small amount than if you also lifted the rear 4" like the Fabtech kit does.

Now, if you have a wider offset wheel with wider tires I would imagine you could probably compensate a little for this and maintain some amount of stability while offroading.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kman54

Not a day goes by I don't see a lifted F150 driving around without giving it a second thought, so seeing it on a Raptor is kinda cool. I'm stoked to see that you built the truck for how you like it. Personally I kinda dig it. It doesn't look overdone and swamp buggy status, but rather tastfully modded and ready for a SEMA show booth.

Good job

Jarrett

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the lift kit 4 all around i was under the impression that lift kits are level like the front is a 4 inch lift and the back is a 2 inch lift to get rid of the nose dive in the front. so its almost like top perch in the front and deavers +3 in the rear?