Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Stock Shocks Done.....Want Fox 3.0


This is a discussion on Stock Shocks Done.....Want Fox 3.0 within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by bosssho Thinking of Doing Mid Perch and Flutter Stack for wheel hop and leveling of the front ...


User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
 
HORN HIGH ACES's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Colorado
Age: 39
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by bosssho View Post
Thinking of Doing Mid Perch and Flutter Stack for wheel hop and leveling of the front end...IYHO did the Flutter Stack degrade your own road driving at all? I don't think Mid Perch should hurt anything...

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------



So what exactly did the Progressive Springs do for you? Do our Gen I raptors come with Specific Rate Springs for OEM? I already submitted a form to these guys for an Exchange as my Gen I Foxes have 83K on them...these guys were highly recommended too.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------



How much did all of this cost?? I have a 2017 Raptor and it handles like a back of dicks over any stutter bumps/pot holes/frost heaves as I have documented in other threads so not sold on upgrading to 3.0s by any stretch although it could be nothing to do w/the 3.0s themselves and everything to do w/the rest of the Truck and how ford set it up...

The progressive springs give the truck much more of a planted feel when going over pot holes and expansion joints. Before, my truck would "jump" to the side when hitting an expansion joint on the slightest curve, but the rebuilt shocks with flutter stack and new springs have reduced it dramatically.
Wheel hop has been reduced to basically nothing as well.

Geiser Bros front coil springs are $500 and the Deaver rear leaf springs go for about $1300. If you don't have an aftermarket rear bump stop kit, you'll also need the SDHQ factory bump stop strike pad replacement kit which will run another $200.
bosssho and BRAAAPTR like this.




HORN HIGH ACES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by HORN HIGH ACES View Post
The progressive springs give the truck much more of a planted feel when going over pot holes and expansion joints. Before, my truck would "jump" to the side when hitting an expansion joint on the slightest curve, but the rebuilt shocks with flutter stack and new springs have reduced it dramatically.
Wheel hop has been reduced to basically nothing as well.

Geiser Bros front coil springs are $500 and the Deaver rear leaf springs go for about $1300. If you don't have an aftermarket rear bump stop kit, you'll also need the SDHQ factory bump stop strike pad replacement kit which will run another $200.
Thanks Man...so that sounds like the "Package" to get.

Would you stay low or go Mid Perch with that set up?
bosssho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
 
HORN HIGH ACES's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Colorado
Age: 39
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by bosssho View Post
Thanks Man...so that sounds like the "Package" to get.

Would you stay low or go Mid Perch with that set up?

I stayed on low perch which rides at about the same height as mid perch with OEM springs. I know some people are running Geiser springs with mid perch, but I didn't really want to raise up the front end any higher. With +2 Deavers, my truck sits 1 to 1.5 inches higher in the back.
HORN HIGH ACES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by HORN HIGH ACES View Post
I stayed on low perch which rides at about the same height as mid perch with OEM springs. I know some people are running Geiser springs with mid perch, but I didn't really want to raise up the front end any higher. With +2 Deavers, my truck sits 1 to 1.5 inches higher in the back.
Ok, so still a slight RAKE to your truck w/the back being higher, but the front is also higher due to the springs...

Overall, handling though...on a scale of 1-10...how much better?

My thing is I don't want to raise the center of Gravity at all and lose any of the cornering stability over uneven terrain or like you mentioned road imperfections or bridge transitions, etc...

Thanks again.
bosssho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
 
HORN HIGH ACES's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Colorado
Age: 39
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by bosssho View Post
Ok, so still a slight RAKE to your truck w/the back being higher, but the front is also higher due to the springs...

Overall, handling though...on a scale of 1-10...how much better?

My thing is I don't want to raise the center of Gravity at all and lose any of the cornering stability over uneven terrain or like you mentioned road imperfections or bridge transitions, etc...

Thanks again.
Just to clarify, the +2 Deavers ride at approx factory height since the factory block is removed. My truck sits at almost exactly the same height on all 4 corners as it did with the OEM set up at mid perch.

Handling on the shitty roads we have here in Colorado went from about a 3-4 to a 7-8.
HORN HIGH ACES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
just went from stock, blown, shocks up front now im around mid to top perch on the 3.0s, it feels way more planted in the short drive ive took in it so far, going off of curbs on to the steeet (3 or 4 inch drop) would have previously of felt like the whole truck just shuttered and you would feel it hard and the truck would sway side to side for a while, went over the bump today felt firm, but not jarring or rough as last time, no sway afterwards and no more rubbing with my 37s. i like em

Last edited by FordraptorHero; 05-31-2017 at 01:32 AM.
FordraptorHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - Stock Suspension: Front Shocks, Rear Shocks, Leafs jakehobbs Garage Sale 11 03-07-2016 12:36 PM
Rebuilding Stock Shocks (Looking For OEM Shocks) WHYUMAD Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 1 09-15-2014 03:05 AM
Stock Shocks JayneCobb Garage Sale 6 04-25-2014 08:07 PM
Stock Shocks, Stock Lower Control Arms, Bed Extenders and a Baja Designs OnX 8" Light Captain CABO Garage Sale 7 03-27-2014 02:50 PM
2013 LGE/CTS Bumper, Stock Fox Shocks, Stock Tires, Rigid Dually D2's Captain CABO Garage Sale 22 01-18-2014 05:33 AM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum