Stock shock guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two questions, anyone think putting bed liner on the rear shock guards will help with the plastic being eaten away by rocks and sand? Also does anyone sell a front cover for the coil and shock body. Want to protect it against the winter, I already have amsoil hdmp. Just want another layer of protection.

D

Deleted member 12951

For the front, ICON sells a coilover covers.

Only pic I had on my phone but shows the cover (zipties to hold it when off-roading otherwise you probably don't need them), don't mind the bent knuckle though, lol

6abadcc9c074f039a8fd5058ac615d34.jpg

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do all aftermarket rear shocks utilize guards? I'm just curious if they're really necessary. I swapped mine with a rebuilt set and noticed that the rears both had about an inch long section at the bottom of mud caked on. Wasn't sure if the rear bumps keep them from fully compressing or what. I was wanting to run them without guards so I could simply wash off after going through mud. Happens too often out here. I would just hate for the shock to fully compress at some point when it's got dried mud and risk tearing up the seals. Just curious what people's thoughts are, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk