Spring perch set screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Venom

Reaction score
Went to do the mid perch mod over the weekend and broke an allen bit off in the set screw. Busted allen bit is hard so trying to drill it didn't work. Used a cobalt bit too (material of the bit, not the name brand). Any ideas? I stopped trying to drill before I did anything other than shining up the busted end of the allen bit. I aborted and put everything back together as it is my DD. I want to get this done and don't want to have to put it back after I start again. I did a search and didn't come up with much that was useful. Thanks in advance of any help.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the ones i dealt with would still move with some persuasion. the set screw is more to just hold the perch from moving during assembly, its not structural..rubber mallet time.

OP
OP
99Venom

99Venom

Reaction score
the ones i dealt with would still move with some persuasion. the set screw is more to just hold the perch from moving during assembly, its not structural..rubber mallet time.

I considered that but figured I would get some advice before wailing on a five hundred dollar shock.