Southern California Raptor Referrals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score
Good Morning guys. I tried browsing through the board and couldn't find threads specifically for SoCal Raptors. I'm going to start pricing the mid perch mod, as well as an alignment down in Orange County, and was curious if any of you have a reputable, fair priced Raptor mechanic/off road shop that you can refer. So far, Outlaw Offroad seems to be too pricey ($600) for the perch mod, and Mills Ford in Fullerton wants $355 to adjust the cambers and complete a full alignment (which also seems pricey). Any suggestions/referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

raptorpaul

Reaction score
Good Morning guys. I tried browsing through the board and couldn't find threads specifically for SoCal Raptors. I'm going to start pricing the mid perch mod, as well as an alignment down in Orange County, and was curious if any of you have a reputable, fair priced Raptor mechanic/off road shop that you can refer. So far, Outlaw Offroad seems to be too pricey ($600) for the perch mod, and Mills Ford in Fullerton wants $355 to adjust the cambers and complete a full alignment (which also seems pricey). Any suggestions/referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Pm me if you want help doing the mod. It can be done in the garage for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For future reference, RPG and SVC are both great shops in Orange County that wouldn't charge you near that much...but yeah, it can definitely be done at home for nothing. Might want to get an alignment afterwords, but that's maybe $100 tops. Good luck!

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.beckertire.net/locations/mode/4/9880-warner-ave-unit-b1-fountain-valley-ca-92708.aspx

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...7ccada02173d7!2m2!1d-117.6709484!2d33.4814575

i have no problem recommending either of these shops. becker is good close shop. did the level and alignment and some other stuff to my 14 lariat hd.

i have used this west coast tires since 05 for all major stuff on 4 trucks and several cars lol. the owner and ppl are great. never had an issues either.

also i would consider both rpg and svc for raptor specific stuff such as suspension upgrades ect.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @dlbb, I actually just moved down to San Juan area and have been looking for a good, trustworthy mechanic. Do they do it all or just mainly tires/alignment?

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @dlbb, I actually just moved down to San Juan area and have been looking for a good, trustworthy mechanic. Do they do it all or just mainly tires/alignment?

They do it all. My #1 choice for major stuff like 100k timing service on our Acura. And the absolutely best alignments i have gotten. I actually drive 30+ miles now to them for major stuff. Oil changes or tranny flush i do local. Or worse case i have had trucks towed to them lol.

OP
OP
V

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score
I can now vouch for SVC. Jeff @ SVC was awesome and they went out of their way to get my truck in on Friday. They did the mid perch mod, took care of my alignment (they out source it to a nearby America Tire Co.), and even installed/mounted my Pedal Commander which I had recently bought and hadn't gotten around to installing. An interesting fact I found out is that SVC used to own RPG. I can't vouch for RPG work, but they were nice guys on the phone. A good tip for anyone wanting to get work done with RPG is they have a 2-3 week wait to get an appointment, so plan accordingly. Thanks again for the referrals!