Rebuild and another decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to rebuild the shocks due to the truck having 60k miles on it. Just hasn’t felt very stable lately, especially after rotating the tires recently.

I’m pretty sure the previous owner didn’t take care of some of this stuff, especially rotating the tires on a regular basis.

So my plan is now to rebuild the shocks (may send them out just to get the flutter stack) and likely get some new tires.

Is it worth it to go to Geiser progressive springs? Or take the shocks to the mid perch?

Does anyone know how to rebuild and add the flutter stack?

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the Geiser springs at midperch before I went to 3.0's and yes they are worth it. Offroad performance is noticeably better and street manners are still good. Front still only sat about 3/4 inch higher than stock springs at midperch.

OP
OP
Chiefapple

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. One of the changes I'm really looking to do is the flutter stack. Rebuilding these shocks myself is no big deal, but I don't really want to do a bunch of trial and error on the flutter stack when I'm' sure some other individuals have already figured it out.