Rear end bounce / wobble at highway speed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the shocks to an adjustable set to dial in rebound and compression.

OP
OP
Laurie

Laurie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought of upgrading your springs to Deavers or Nationals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thinking of doing the National Springs just for the payload. The truck already has a cargo rack (think chase rack with a more expedition feel) and roof top tent and awnings on there, and a bunch of camping gear and 4 jerry cans.

When I'm done it's going to have a custom bumper with swing out tire carrier and a rear winch with synthetic line, auxiliary fuel tank where the spare used to be so I can ditch the cans, second battery in the bed and fresh water tank...

Already talking to RPG to try and get an idea of whether their "heavy duty" one is enough or if we need to do extra-heavy-duty.

1492510_10151917543142647_1365154297_o.jpg

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked this question as well a while back and what you were assuming in your OP was what I was told. I was told that if I upgraded to +2 Deavers or the like, like many do but for other reasons, it would stop the oscillating bounce.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That much weight, you should really consider +3" arch. Also, with the RPG bump stop kit, you can swap out the Fox bumps for larger ones. That way when your loaded down you will have some extra support. I know some do this when they tow.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
Laurie

Laurie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That much weight, you should really consider +3" arch. Also, with the RPG bump stop kit, you can swap out the Fox bumps for larger ones. That way when your loaded down you will have some extra support. I know some do this when they tow.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Just done a trip to the weighing scale. Sent RPG my weights so they can recommend what's best with their Stage 3 Kit.

total weight = 7,785 lbs
weight on the front axle only = 3,571 lbs
weight on the rear axle only = 4,258 lbs

Converted from KG, and the Total doesn't match the two combined thanks to the tolerance of the scales.

That's with full gas tank, full jerry cans, fridge, bunch of camp gear, tools, recovery gear etc.

1974988_10151969863547647_1717963106_n.jpg

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just done a trip to the weighing scale. Sent RPG my weights so they can recommend what's best with their Stage 3 Kit.

total weight = 7,785 lbs
weight on the front axle only = 3,571 lbs
weight on the rear axle only = 4,258 lbs

Converted from KG, and the Total doesn't match the two combined thanks to the tolerance of the scales.

That's with full gas tank, full jerry cans, fridge, bunch of camp gear, tools, recovery gear etc.

1974988_10151969863547647_1717963106_n.jpg

Has anyone here actually scaled their stock supercab with a full tank of fuel? 7,785 is a lot of weight, that's only a few hundred lighter than my crew cab powerstroke.