GEN 1 Raptor towing a fifth wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me, I would rather ride my Harley. I can stay in a lot of nice motels for the price of a fifth-wheel camper. However, if you want the big camper, I suggest getting an F350 dually. It can handle the load easily, and the dual wheels are extra insurance in case of a tire blowout. You do NOT want to experience a blowout on a single rear wheel while towing that camper.

Also, you do not have to drive a dern Dodge. The F350 is a lot better truck.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the guys I work with just got a Platinum edition F350 to tow his toy hauler and camper. Holy shit is that thing nice. It's a beast and the amenities in that thing are over the top.
Ford hands down does and has for quite some time put all the others to shame.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
The new '17 Super Duty trucks are outrageously nice and comfortable. They have the same AL cab as the F150 (which is bigger than the previous SD) and they will tow what you want without an issue. Even if you went with the F250 SRW you can get a decent size 5th Wheel to tow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ratpatator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air bags .... Firestone makes a bag specifically designed for the raptor and it's long travel suspension that costs about 400 or 450 for the kit without compressor or gauge. I put them on mine for towing the camper ( 28 ft old bumper pull) but I also have about 1000 lbs in the bed. I take them off when I'm not towing the camper. I also had a local shop in grand junction re-arch my springs as they were sagging a bit and put an add a leaf in for a couple hundred bucks for an extra 500 lb capacity and I barely noticed a difference if at all in ride quality with the spring but did help support the extra weight. The bags suck when it's not loaded down that's why I take them off but it's fairly easy after the initial install, takes about 30 min on or off. I was thinking about a 5th wheel too but to much stuff in the bed already.

Last edited: