My truck is starting to ride like Sh*t

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roughly mid perch height with bottom perch feel.

The coil springs are longer, which is where the height comes from. These progressive springs get stiffer as they are compressed more.

Sent from my Raptor using Tapatalk.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roughly mid perch height with bottom perch feel.

The coil springs are longer, which is where the height comes from. These progressive springs get stiffer as they are compressed more.

Sent from my Raptor using Tapatalk.

Thats what I gathered from re-reading all 40 pages of the Geiser spring thread. Mixed reviews on the bottom perch feel. Don't know if I want to go that route after this fiasco.

Totaled up my cost to completely rebuild the stock shocks. Parts from SDHQ - $417 (bushings front and rear, schrader valve conversion kit, new rear shock guards, front and rear seal kit). Cost to have the local raptor guru do the rebuild - $640. This thread may have just saved me $4,000 and a headache of dealing with 3.0's.

D

Deleted member 17706

Thats what I gathered from re-reading all 40 pages of the Geiser spring thread. Mixed reviews on the bottom perch feel. Don't know if I want to go that route after this fiasco.

Totaled up my cost to completely rebuild the stock shocks. Parts from SDHQ - $417 (bushings front and rear, schrader valve conversion kit, new rear shock guards, front and rear seal kit). Cost to have the local raptor guru do the rebuild - $640. This thread may have just saved me $4,000 and a headache of dealing with 3.0's.

I don’t know why you think 3.0’s are a headache. The idea that 3.0’s are unbearable on the road is comical. King 3.0’s offer 100% more dampening than the stock 2.5’s. The ride is different between the two, but the change is not for the worse. Moreover, you need to get custom ordered Deavers that are designed to carry all your gear. Deavers make a huge difference in ride quality over the stock leaf springs. Also, custom ordered Deavers will prevent sagging.

If you don’t do 3.0’s, then invest in Deavers and a good adjustable bump stop kit (e.g., SVC’s kit). These will make a big difference in ride quality. More importantly, you will be satisfied.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t do 3.0’s, then invest in Deavers and a good adjustable bump stop kit (e.g., SVC’s kit). These will make a big difference in ride quality. More importantly, you will be satisfied.

I'm calling Deaver tomorrow to see what they suggest. The truck doesn't hit dirt fully loaded, but has to carry 1250 lb of stuff (including passengers) 2,000 miles and back on the highway. Max payload including passengers is 980 lb.

The only reason I would get the SVC kit is to act like helper springs in the rear when transporting. I talked to Cameron Steel about what he does to his trucks, and he said they have bump stops, but run them with so little pressure, they don't really do much. "Over kill" was his specific words for the type of driving he does on the trail of missions and chasing.

There is a thread on RDC about what he does to his trucks, if anyone is interested.

D

Deleted member 17706

I'm calling Deaver tomorrow to see what they suggest. The truck doesn't hit dirt fully loaded, but has to carry 1250 lb of stuff (including passengers) 2,000 miles and back on the highway. Max payload including passengers is 980 lb.

The only reason I would get the SVC kit is to act like helper springs in the rear when transporting. I talked to Cameron Steel about what he does to his trucks, and he said they have bump stops, but run them with so little pressure, they don't really do much. "Over kill" was his specific words for the type of driving he does on the trail of missions and chasing.

There is a thread on RDC about what he does to his trucks, if anyone is interested.

Leaf springs are a weak link for the Raptor's. On and off road performance will be night and day with the Deaver's.

As noted above, since you run above max payload, I think you should get a good bump stop kit. Even though you are not going off-road, you are still torturing the suspension by pushing it to its limits for long periods of time (2000 miles). If you want your vehicle to last and not have problems due to how you use it, then SVC's kit would be a wise investment.

Geiser springs are also a good investment if you keep the 2.5's. A lot of people have raved about the on and off road performance of the springs. In short, it is a cheaper solution to improving the ride of the 2.5's rather than buying 3.0's.

Besides that, I think you are on the right track.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

PM sent