Leveling kit and top perch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip02

Reaction score
So I know I can add around 2.5" of lift with adjusting the front shocks. But could I also add a leveling kit (strut extensions) with the shocks adjusted to their highest point? I know it would make the front higher than the back but I would add blocks to the back. Just trying to avoid costly lift kits. I'm raptoring on a budget.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Moved to Suspension Mods forum.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

What would be the reasoning behind wanting to do this?

When at top perch, your truck has a little under 2" of down travel left, along with accelerated wear on your CV joints (especially for 2012+ with the Torsen in the front end). If you add a spacer kit on top of that, I cannot see how you would have any remaining downtravel and would be at the limits of the ball joints and CVs, probably binding them up.

OP
OP
P

Philip02

Reaction score
Can I put a leveling kit and the highest perch??

I'm wondering if it's possible to set my shocks to the highest perch and add a 2.5" leveling kit to the front of my raptor? Thanks !

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More importantly, why would you want to?

Mid perch is more than enough to level it. Top perch puts you slightly nose high. 2.5" on top of that... To get that look it'd be cheaper and easier on your truck to just fill the bed with bricks.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Duplicate threads merged.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

All of the answers you need are in this thread.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to mid perch on a 14 screw and got only about 1.4 inchs of extra lift. I am still not level. By my measurements from ground to bottom of flair at stock on a level service there was almost 3.8 inches of difference from front to rear. With the truck at mid pearch there is now about 2.35 inchs of difference between front and rear. By my calculations top pearch should get close to exactly level. I expect what we see as level on mid perch is still not exactly level or both front and rear measurements would be close to the same. That is why on some services the nose looks to be higher than the rear at top perch. A more accurate measurement would be distance from ground to bottom of flair. I would be courious to hear what other folks are getting from a mid pearch versus a lower perch.

Last edited:

Gilligan

Reaction score
I went to mid perch on a 14 screw and got only about 1.4 inchs of extra lift. I am still not level. By my measurements from ground to bottom of flair at stock on a level service there was almost 3.8 inches of difference from front to rear. With the truck at mid pearch there is now about 2.35 inchs of difference between front and rear. By my calculations top pearch should get close to exactly level. I expect what we see as level on mid perch is still not exactly level or both front and rear measurements would be close to the same. That is why on some services the nose looks to be higher than the rear at top perch. A more accurate measurement would be distance from ground to bottom of flair. I would be courious to hear what other folks are getting from a mid pearch versus a lower perch.

These were taken on stock perch with stock BFG's the day before I got my midperch and toyo's, I forget what the measurements were after midperch and tires at the moment but i'll post the info up on my next trip to the garage.

670C4C1D-FC93-47AB-BD0A-3F1E7F3E9368_zpspztxxna2.jpg

19938C16-138D-4AF4-B61A-413142C501CA_zps1abrvbk8.jpg