Leveling Kit, Spring spacer, Lift Block NO-NOs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I simply don't agree I have a ready lift kit it works perfect and I have had no issues with it.. I did not do the perch adjustment as it messes up ride quality just enough I find it irritating. I have crossed 12,000 miles with this kit and have no problems to report at all... So for anyone saying don't do it that's great for you, but to each his own. Mine makes me very happy and I am very happy with my choice.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I simply don't agree I have a ready lift kit it works perfect and I have had no issues with it.. I did not do the perch adjustment as it messes up ride quality just enough I find it irritating. I have crossed 12,000 miles with this kit and have no problems to report at all... So for anyone saying don't do it that's great for you, but to each his own. Mine makes me very happy and I am very happy with my choice.

I really think your the only one that has had success going this route.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny thing I was under there just yesterday inspecting everything while doing my oil change. I remove the whole skid plate just to get a good look. If I were to see something that indicated a problem you would read it on this forum I assure you.. So far so good... My biggest problem is my driver side rear spring seems to be weak... I hit the bump stop on that side often....

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey will 37 inch tires fit on my stock raptor????????????

sorry............I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to:snoopfacepalm:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Icecobra don't you live in California?

How often do you actually use 4wd?

How often are you axle deep in snow or mud using 4wd?

My experience is those with a 2012 and up and NOT having issues with CV boots, axles, or IWE do not use 4wd or push their 4wd.

You are the exception to the rule and not in the majority! Lifting blocks and top perch are a definite proven NO GO on any Raptor with torsen that uses 4wd.

-Greg (aka Squatting Dog)

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
putting a spacer on throws the front coil over out of wack at full droop it was designed to limit travel at the position it's in now when you put a spacer it moves the full droop down 2 inches and you start hyper extending your front suspension which will cause problems with your front drivetrain. I'm not saying it adds travel it just moves the coil over down there for causing the coil over to extend too far down due to the spacer being on top

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

With that said anyone that doesn't see full droop a lot will not have many issues

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you seen California lately Greg? No snow, not even a hint that it might snow. Mud yea about the same as snow.

Tbone, I like your enthusiasm, but the ready lift is really only about a 1.25 inch lift. My suspension is limited by the front sway bar,(you have to remove it to take off the springs). I understand fully the physics involved been 4 wheeling since the old days when 4 wheeling was what you did to go feed the pigs, or plow the fields..

My plans are to tear the axles out and look for wear and any excessive wear when I reach 40,000 miles. My plans were to replace the axles then anyway the stock ones just suck no matter what you do...

I agree I am lucky it is not my daily driver and I am mechanically inclined so most repairs don't really bother me until you get to body work....