Which leaf springs should I use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptuh

Reaction score
So I know that the final answer to my question is all over the place, but I want the question answered to my specific question, so I am making my own thread about it. Sorry to those that see this all the time.

Right now my truck has the RPG stage 2 (frame gusset and 2.5 king bumps) and is on mid perch. I plan on doing the BOLT kit in the front in a couple months, and doing the RST18 in the back around May.

As 99.99% of you guys know, the BOLT kit has a 3.0 coilover and optional 3.0 bypass. I will be doing just the coilover first due to money constraints. As 99.99999% of you know, the way to add height to the front of a raptor is by preloading the coilovers because lift kits and spacers are no nos on raptors. I am an unusual raptor owner because I want my truck sitting tall (f*ck you center of gravity). Something that I don't want however, is a bunch of cali lean, so I need to add new leaf springs to get height out of the back.

The RST18, as 99.9% of you know, uses 3.5s. I know people with custom rear cages run something like +7s in the back with 3.5s. Since I am doing the RST18 and not the entire custom crazy rear cage, I don't know what leaf springs to get so I don't have to buy them twice. I will not have much weight in the rear, at most 1 spare tire (37" toyo m/t on either method nv or fuel coupler). So what should I do? (preferably deavers)

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Deaver +3 will give you a factory stance (little high in the rear). I made the mistake of going with Deaver +2 for a level look and when I put a chase rack, 2 spares and gear I was lower in the back. Even worse towing my toybox.

I Re-arched to +3 with 5/8" more on the drivers side to compensate for Raptor Lean and now with 250lbs+ in the bed I sit higher in the rear. I also went with a load leaf since I do tow... much much happier now :)

Castrol27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like it? and are you sure the +3s are ok if I only have at most 1 spare and maybe a light rack

I personally love the stance and how the truck rides with the Deaver +3 leafs, I am running RST 18 with two spares, jack and 2 fuel cans. I don't believe running only one spare in your bed will be that much different but I can't say for certain. Maybe someone running +2 deavers will chime in?

OP
OP
R

raptuh

Reaction score
I personally love the stance and how the truck rides with the Deaver +3 leafs, I am running RST 18 with two spares, jack and 2 fuel cans. I don't believe running only one spare in your bed will be that much different but I can't say for certain. Maybe someone running +2 deavers will chime in?

And how do you like the bolt and rst18 combo in terms of off road capability?

Also, any chance you could send me a pm with some pics of your truck

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got +3 (stock a-arm 3.0 front) and like the feel and stance when lightly loaded: 1 spare, tools, jack, etc. For towing I'd prefer a stiffer leaf (load leaf). I've also seen someone with a +5 Deaver without load leaf to help compensate for a heavier planned bed load, without adding stiffness that a load leaf would. With the BOLT kit and a good bed load and RST18 rear, I'd be tempted to try the +5 myself.