Just ordered Baja Kits LT kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I just pulled the trigger, now have 2 months to stew in remorse about what I’m going to do to my truck lol. I just put in the order on a Baja Kits race kit for my raptor.

I went back and forth between stock length arms from svc and a mid travel kit from BMS, to checking out RPGs bolt kit as I’ve had good experiences with Corey in the past. I decided on the Baja kits stuff because customer service has been good through out my pain in the ass inquiry(sorry JT), I’ve read great things on here about the support during install, and I liked what Ive seen and heard in person of the product. Even with having to remove and sell my brand new oem 3.0s, it’s still more cost effective in the long run that doing a mid and upgrading.

I don’t daily my truck and all my oem stuff is beyond worked. Little noises aren’t an issue for me when they originate from performance upgrades. The on road mileage the truck sees is going to off-roading , and going to Costco 3 miles away when I need so not to worried about street manners even though I understand they are still ok.

Anyone who’s been down this road that has any advice I’ll take it! I’ve read the install write up already, but beyond that there’s not much out there. I’m not looking for a how to; just if you remember something making life easier during your install that wasn’t super obvious, help a brother out.

For the record I’m a mechanic so I get to be illiterate at work so if my typing sucks that’s why, I write CCR s only :specialed:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
All of my quality technicians are dyslexic too, always writing down part numbers in the wrong order. That's how I know if you're a solid mechanic.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
All of my quality technicians are dyslexic too, always writing down part numbers in the wrong order. That's how I know if you're a solid mechanic.

Flat rate dude, ain’t nobody got time for grammar and spelling, and “procedure”. Lol

I guess king is backed up so itl be a while before I even get the parts, but I’ll keep a thread for it once I tear into it.

I’m recovering from a foot surgery so I’m stuck at home and figured why not share with the forum. Btw JT over at Baja Kits is super cool and fast to respond if anyone is looking for anything.

Biffler

Reaction score
The write up is for the old Brenthel kit, it will get you close with install. The Bajakits raptor kit is different, as the upper arms are wider to accommodate the 3.0 shock pair. There will be more cutting involved, the upper arm rear mount will be mounted more rearward. The upper arm front mount will still be mounted in the stock location. At first it seems like a lot is being cut off from the frame but the upper arms are very wide compared to the stock width arms. Plasma cutter is the best and easiest tool to get the old coilover mounts out.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
@Biffler So basically as the old kit would locate the tower off both control arm pockets and essentially bolt in before being welded. The new setup requires the arms and spindle to be installed to locate the rear arm pocket and burn that in, then the new shock tower is located off that?

And did your purchase or install a kit, wherd you get any install measurements or pdf.? I haven’t picked my kit up even but like to read through directions a few times in advance if possible.

Biffler

Reaction score
@Biffler So basically as the old kit would locate the tower off both control arm pockets and essentially bolt in before being welded. The new setup requires the arms and spindle to be installed to locate the rear arm pocket and burn that in, then the new shock tower is located off that?

And did your purchase or install a kit, wherd you get any install measurements or pdf.? I haven’t picked my kit up even but like to read through directions a few times in advance if possible.

Yes the old kit used the stock pockets. The new kit uses the front pocket and the backside of the rear pocket and the shock bucket has the other mount built in. you can still use the bolts to help hold the shock bucket in place, no need to install the arm or spindle. The shock bucket will locate the rearward mount. Attached is a pic of mock up. I installed myself, the directions are more or less just pictures. I dont think there are much to worry about with measurements as the shock bucket sits pretty much were it needs to be with relation to the arm mounts.

20170331_194751.jpg

Last edited: